Kathryn

Firmware errors at 99%

On 10/5/2022 at 1:20 AM, izzy.lstbyzent@gmail.com said:

I'am getting the same error message once it hits 100%. I have tried unplugging the power cord before the 100% and plugging it back in but i get the same error message

Hello,

Tell me your printer model please, I’ll send you the new instruction.

Good Morning this is regarding this post below ;

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with Epson WF-7710 on windows 10.

Thanks

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF7710_v1.rar

I downloaded this same link above and the firmware is still stopping at 99% 

In the video guide it shows that you don't need it to load 100%. When the load gets stuck at 75-85%, that's okay! You will need to pull the cable out at that point and put it back in.

Then turn the printer on just using the power button.

Watch the video please:

https://youtu.be/oF0DsDVPT7k

Having problems with Epson 7710  updating firmware.  Gets to 99% and says fimware not updated.  Sent a message and have not gotten a reply.  This seems to be a common problem.  Has anyone gotten past this?  This is bad when you have work to do and cannot contact anyone.

On 2/14/2023 at 1:49 AM, greengoat said:

Hi, 

Does this chipless software affect the maintenance tank levels or do these remain accurate?

Thank you for your reply

Hello!

It affects only cartridges.

Chipless Firmware - software to the Epson’s printers. 

The firmware makes to stop asking to reset the electronic ink level. This means client can print non-stop without zeroing breaks. No more hassle with changes of the cartridges and spending money on the services.

https://youtu.be/uB29zKLG7a0

I'm having the 99% error also, on a WF-7720, but then I clicked next or finish, and it showed 100%  I tried the activation software, and it didn't find the printer.  On the nozzle check, it reads eps@mail2v.com  10.43.FA2415.  Is that your firmware, or the Epson firmware?

16 hours ago, burnsgolf said:

I'm having the 99% error also, on a WF-7720, but then I clicked next or finish, and it showed 100%  I tried the activation software, and it didn't find the printer.  On the nozzle check, it reads eps@mail2v.com  10.43.FA2415.  Is that your firmware, or the Epson firmware?

In the video guide it shows that you don't have to load 100%. When the load gets stuck at 75-85%, that's okay! You will need to pull the cable out at that point and put it back in.

Watch the video please:

15 hours ago, Rick1974 said:

I have done everything the video says. I have done everything suggested in here. Still will not update.

XP 15000

Hello!

Make sure you have stopped the installation process on 75-85% through the task manager.

On 4/13/2022 at 8:15 AM, Admin said:

Please try this new file :

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF2860_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent. 

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode.

(No need to press few buttons while turn on the printer) 

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok! Open task manager and stop updater process. Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF. 

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

After that try to activate again.

Good Afternoon Admins! Apparently I need to update as my WF2860 is 'non downgraded' and I need to down load the above file. I have written Support and they have given me instructions. However this I do not understand??? 

'2) Start installing the firmware in the Firmware Mode (by pressing a certain button combinations)'

Im sorry, but where do I find the firmware Mode?

Generally I am able to figure this out, but Im operating on 2 strokes in the last 3 weeks...

On 4/28/2023 at 12:00 AM, Diggie said:

Good Afternoon Admins! Apparently I need to update as my WF2860 is 'non downgraded' and I need to down load the above file. I have written Support and they have given me instructions. However this I do not understand??? 

'2) Start installing the firmware in the Firmware Mode (by pressing a certain button combinations)'

Generally I am able to figure this out, but Im operating on 2 strokes in the last 3 weeks...

Firmware Mode - special mode for updating printer firmware, which is activated when a certain buttons combination is pressed.

Please check button combination for your model.

On 4/27/2023 at 3:00 PM, Diggie said:

Thank you Admin! I finally got the program to load. Now? It only prints in muted shadeS of blue. What have I done?

On 5/7/2023 at 1:10 AM, Diggie said:

Thank you Admin! I finally got the program to load. Now? It only prints in muted shadeS of blue. What have I done?

Hello!

Here are some possible reasons why your printer prints blank forms after activating the firmware: 

https://youtu.be/my58sHb9z5k

On 6/20/2023 at 8:39 PM, S Dempster said:

I'm have the same issue failing at 99% with me WF-2750

Hello!

Please try this new file :

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF2750_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent. 

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode.

(No need to press few buttons while turn on the printer) 

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok! Open task manager and stop updater process. Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF. 

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

After that try to activate again.

On 1/8/2022 at 10:44 AM, Howard said:

have the same problem with my XP-15000 with Epson firmware 20.41.NW99Z9

I have tried 6 times to install firmware with same results:

At 99% completion, I get the following pop-up message:

The Printer's firmware was not updated.

The firmware update did not complete. Try the following, then click [Retry].

- Ensure that the printer is connected (USB/Wi-Fi/Ethernet) to the computer.

- Ensure that the printer is powered on.

Click [Retry] to perform the update again

Click [next] to continue processing.

There are no error codes.

I am using windows 10

Current F/W ver NW2017

Black ink cartridge is empty, but display is at home screen.  Would this stop the update?

I have the same problem, and my black ink cartridge is empty also

Having the same problem with WF 7710 .  Tried using the task manger as mention above.   Lights never blinked.  Been at this for 3 hours.   

16 hours ago, Marilynw said:

Having the same problem with WF 7710 .  Tried using the task manger as mention above.   Lights never blinked.  Been at this for 3 hours.   

Hello!

In the video guide it shows that you don't need it to load 100%. When the load gets stuck at 75-85%, that's okay! !Stop the download process via the task manager before the error!

You will need to pull the cable out at that point and put it back in.

Watch the video please:

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, SOFTWARE UPDATE LOADS TO 99% AND THEN GIVE AN ERROR MESSAGE SOFTWARE FAILED TO LOAD. i HAVE A WF-4734.

17 hours ago, RT625 said:

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, SOFTWARE UPDATE LOADS TO 99% AND THEN GIVE AN ERROR MESSAGE SOFTWARE FAILED TO LOAD. i HAVE A WF-4734.

Hello!
The loading process will get stuck at 75-85% - that is OK.
With the use of the task manager stop the loading process.
Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes . It should then turn off automatically.
Now turn on the printer - Chipless Firmware should be installed!
 Run the Activation Software to insert your Activation Key.

Let me know the result!
Thanks!

Inkchip update keeps failing at 99% I've tried unplugging the power cord and back in with no luck. The printer always says the cartridges are installed incorrectly as they are chipless. Maybe this is the issue.