I have the same issue as many others - when I click "Activate Online," it gives me an error message: "Wrong ID Code."  I don't understand the instructions that are given to others.  I've successfully completed step 1.  Step two - I'm supposed to turn the printer on?  I did. I pressed the power button.  But it then shows a maintenance error - that the ink cartridges are not installed properly (I've removed them - I tried both with them and without them).  Then nothing happens.  Is something supposed to happen?  Am I supposed to do anything else?  I've tried several things - turning my computer off then on again.  Unplugging my printer, waiting 30 seconds, and plugging it back in.  I've tried starting from step one again thinking maybe these steps have to be done back to back fairly quickly instead of waiting like 30 minutes between the steps.  I'm not sure what else to try.  Please help.  And please don't just repeat the steps - please explain step 2 because I'm not understanding it.  If someone else had success with those steps, please let me know how to do it - maybe I'm just misunderstanding something.  Thanks in advance!

Hi!

Yes, you have done everything right by turning the printer on by pressing the power button. Now you should upload the firmware — it should be your next step. After that, you should launch the activation program and insert your key. 

Here is the video instruction for you to understand all the steps clearly:

I said that I already did step one (the firmware step).  I'm on step two.  And it gave an error message, as I mentioned.  I watched the video several times.  I'm doing what it says.  I'm just stuck at that "wrong ID code" error message.

On 3/14/2021 at 9:03 PM, Frances said:

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue and can't get past the "Wrong ID Code" message?

Hi!

What is your printer model?

On 3/16/2021 at 9:05 PM, billieb3 said:

I am having this problem too. I have a workforce 7710.

Good afternoon! Please send a screenshot of the error so we can help you.