Sign in to follow this  
sefrohlich@gmail.com

inkchip activation doesn't work w/ Windows 11??

I have been trying to finish the inkchip activation and I just get a 'not responding' time out error.  My printer has the proper firmware installed, the inkchip activation windows sees my printer, but nothing happens when I hit 'Activate Online'.  Is it becaue I am running windows 11?

On 3/5/2023 at 4:51 PM, sefrohlich@gmail.com said:

I have been trying to finish the inkchip activation and I just get a 'not responding' time out error.  My printer has the proper firmware installed, the inkchip activation windows sees my printer, but nothing happens when I hit 'Activate Online'.  Is it becaue I am running windows 11?

Please tell me your printer model and what mode did you install the firmware in?

51 minutes ago, mailyset@gmail.com said:

Is there a solutiob to this issue ? there is no answer in this thread.

I am trying to resinstall the recovery code but the activation software is stuck.

Please write us on @support@inkchip.net

Hi, I have the same issue. When i press the activate online button nothing happens. I also tried the new activator you provided.

I have an XP-960.

Kind regards

after a couple of restarts i get a read id code failed message. the printer is on in normal mode and it is telling me that there is a new firmware available. of course i dismiss the message

activation won't work.

On 1/6/2024 at 10:12 PM, Soyuz said:

after a couple of restarts i get a read id code failed message. the printer is on in normal mode and it is telling me that there is a new firmware available. of course i dismiss the message

activation won't work.

Hello!
Please try this updated file with the Chipless Firmware:

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_XP960_v1.rar

1) Upload the Chipless Firmware which is attached above.

2) Turn on the printer in the NORMAL MODE (using only the power button). Do not put the printer in the UPDATE MODE.

The loading process will get stuck at 75-85% - that is OK.

3) With the use of the task manager stop the loading process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes . It should then turn off automatically.

4) Now turn on the printer - Chipless Firmware should be installed!

5) Run the Activation Software to insert your Activation Key.

Let me know the result!
Thanks!

Hi, Thank you for the response. Unfortunately i have got the same behaviour.

1. I put the printer into update mode.

2. I ran the update. It actually ran completely through. 100%. I noted that the printer name "XP-960" did not appear behind the tick box.

3. I waited for the printer to turn off. It did not turn off by itself. the message on the printer touch screen "Program Update finished. ROM VERSION 14.35.PL17I1, ROM1 FIXSUM 85CE, ROM2 FIXSUM 92BA. " To me it looks like the FW update is successful.

4. I turned the printer off by pressing on the touch screen.

5. I turned the printer back on .

6. I ran the activation software. Here, the same as before, the software got stuck after I pressed the "activate online" button. To me it looks like it can't find either the printer or ther activation server, or I don't know?

Waiting for your repsonse.

Kind regards

On 1/9/2024 at 11:04 PM, Soyuz said:

Hi, Thank you for the response. Unfortunately i have got the same behaviour.

1. I put the printer into update mode.

2. I ran the update. It actually ran completely through. 100%. I noted that the printer name "XP-960" did not appear behind the tick box.

3. I waited for the printer to turn off. It did not turn off by itself. the message on the printer touch screen "Program Update finished. ROM VERSION 14.35.PL17I1, ROM1 FIXSUM 85CE, ROM2 FIXSUM 92BA. " To me it looks like the FW update is successful.

4. I turned the printer off by pressing on the touch screen.

5. I turned the printer back on .

6. I ran the activation software. Here, the same as before, the software got stuck after I pressed the "activate online" button. To me it looks like it can't find either the printer or ther activation server, or I don't know?

Waiting for your repsonse.

Kind regards

Please try to use another computer with windows version lower than 11th.

Also make sure you used a usb cable when installing the firmware and have a stable internet.

Of course. I had the same USB cable and the internet connection is excellent.

The problem is not the firmware install. That runs through successfully.

I am using win 10.

21 hours ago, Soyuz said:

Of course. I had the same USB cable and the internet connection is excellent.

The problem is not the firmware install. That runs through successfully.

I am using win 10.

Don’t put printer into Update Mode. In Normal Mode stop the boot process through the task manager at 75-85%. Don’t let it get to 100%. Then restart the printer and proceed to activation program.

Hello,

I contacted support via email and managed to activate the new firmware. I had to use recovery mode.

Looks like it is working now 🙂

On 1/17/2024 at 11:41 AM, Soyuz said:

Hello,

I contacted support via email and managed to activate the new firmware. I had to use recovery mode.

Looks like it is working now 🙂

Glad to hear that!