Sign in to follow this  
SPublishing

WF-2850 updated firmware on printer, but system won't recognize so I can't activate.

My Epson Wf-2850 Firmware shows the BLK05K3, however the Inkchip Firmware on my computer will not show that the firmware is on my printer and will not allow me to complete step 7 of the firmware update process. Since I cannot finish this process, I cannot activate the chipless firmware. 

I had to install the firmware in recovery mode, as the normal USB process failed every time. 

Please tell me how to get the firmware screen to recognize the firmware that is on my printer so I can activate. 

Thank you 

On 10/16/2022 at 5:06 PM, Loudog75 said:

20221016_100540.jpg

In the video guide it shows that you don't need it to load 100%. When the load gets stuck at 75-85%, that's okay! You will need to pull the cable out at that point and put it back in.

Then turn the printer on just using the power button.

Watch the video please:

https://youtu.be/oF0DsDVPT7k

18 hours ago, Loudog75 said:

ok, so firmware should be installed but, now the activation doesnt list my device so i can activate it

Hello,

This might be because there are too many printers on devices and printers. That’s what might help you: close the Activator Software, turn off your printer, go to PC and remove all printers that may be in "Devices and Printers", then turn your printer on and it will install again, then open the launcher software again and it might appear normally.