Firmware update went without issue. Firmware is at CM27KB.

When I run the activation program (version 1.0.0.1) which has a bunch of interface issues, and I click Generate a error appears: Wrong ID code.

I have the printer connected via USB, I have run the program as an administrator as well as a regular user.

What do need to do to activate?

Hi!

Please try this new file for you.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF4790_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

So, I have uploaded the attached firmware to the printer without issue. The printer shows the firmware version as 30.74.CM27J5. After restarting the printer, I still have a cartridge error.  Maintenance Error - Cannot recognize Ink Cartridge.  Try installing again.

Suggestions?

Currently, I have color ink that this a non-Epson ink, the other inks are Epson 802XL. 

On 1/15/2021 at 2:23 PM, S. Thoen said:

Firmware update went without issue. Firmware is at CM27KB.

When I run the activation program (version 1.0.0.1) which has a bunch of interface issues, and I click Generate a error appears: Wrong ID code.

I have the printer connected via USB, I have run the program as an administrator as well as a regular user.

What do need to do to activate?

hi. how did you get it to enter the firmware mode? i have the same firmware CM27KB and i can not make it load the firmware mode. i press the corner and the power button and does not show. could you please help me with this. im trying to load it first before i even buy this software key for my printer Epson WF 4730. Thanks