Sign in to follow this  
Matthew B.

Epson SP-15000 Still Monitoring Ink Levels

I purchased and flashed the chipless firmware for the epson xp-15000.  I can use chipless carts and the printer doesnt give any errors and prints fine, however, the printer is still monitoring ink levels.

I thought the chipless firmware was supposed to remove the ink monitoring as well, at least thats what the inkchip video shows and says.  

I've already emailed support, but after doing some more research, seems this is a know issue?

14 hours ago, Matthew B. said:

I purchased and flashed the chipless firmware for the epson xp-15000.  I can use chipless carts and the printer doesnt give any errors and prints fine, however, the printer is still monitoring ink levels.

I thought the chipless firmware was supposed to remove the ink monitoring as well, at least thats what the inkchip video shows and says.  

I've already emailed support, but after doing some more research, seems this is a know issue?

Hello!
Our chipless firmware allows you to work with any cartridges, but if you actually run out of ink, you need to change them.