Sign in to follow this  
AB1

Isn't detecting printer via USB during firmware instillation

I have the XP 15000. It is connected to my computer via USB; however, during the firmware instillation process it is not detecting the printer via USB.  It only recognize it via network. I have made several attempts to rectify this issue but nothing seems to help.  

On 12/24/2022 at 4:19 PM, AB1 said:

I have the XP 15000. It is connected to my computer via USB; however, during the firmware instillation process it is not detecting the printer via USB.  It only recognize it via network. I have made several attempts to rectify this issue but nothing seems to help.  

This might be because there are too many printers on devices and printers. That’s what might help you: close the Activator Software, turn off your printer, go to PC and remove all printers that may be in "Devices and Printers", then turn your printer on and it will install again, then open the launcher software again and it might appear normally.

I did what was suggested and it is not recognizing the printer.  The only printer connected is the XP15000 via USB.   A popup window displays, stating the printer is not connected or the connected printer is not the target printer; however, I am able to print a test page. 

12 hours ago, AB1 said:

Screenshot_20221227_100355.png

Hello!
The error is either due to a faulty cable or a faulty usb socket. Try using another computer to install chipless firmware.

I was having the same issue with the XP-15000...driver was originally installed via WIFI.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers using the USB connection.  Worked.

12 hours ago, Phil1959 said:

I was having the same issue with the XP-15000...driver was originally installed via WIFI.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers using the USB connection.  Worked.

Thank you!😉