Sign in to follow this  
Tiago

HP Laser Color MFP 179fnw - Question

I have a brand new HP Laser Color MFP 179fnw and i have some questions before installing the firmware.

I would like to know what happens if a printer update is installed after chipless firmware? I know the firmware will reset but what about the printer, will it stop working and throwing some error? I need to knwo what will happen. 

Also, is it possible to install the original HP firmware in case i need to? For example if i want to send the printer to repair, i would want to install the original firmware for that. I wouldn't mind paying for chipless firmware again if necessary and install it again after.

Regards, 

Tiago

PS: Forgot to ask, what about the DRUM chip? By installing inkchip firmware will this also make the DRUM chipless and not just the Toners? 

Thank you

12 hours ago, Tiago said:

I have a brand new HP Laser Color MFP 179fnw and i have some questions before installing the firmware.

I would like to know what happens if a printer update is installed after chipless firmware? I know the firmware will reset but what about the printer, will it stop working and throwing some error? I need to knwo what will happen. 

Also, is it possible to install the original HP firmware in case i need to? For example if i want to send the printer to repair, i would want to install the original firmware for that. I wouldn't mind paying for chipless firmware again if necessary and install it again after.

Regards, 

Tiago

Hi!
After installing chipless firmware you can always go back to the original firmware.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Admin said:

Hi!
After installing chipless firmware you can always go back to the original firmware.

Hi. Can you please explain how?

On 7/18/2022 at 10:06 AM, Tiago said:

Hi. Can you please explain how?

Hi!

You can install the original firmware back if you need it.