I purchased a product key to reset waste ink counter, after following the instructions and installing the software prior to the use of the product key it gave me a product key is invalid error. 

also, when trying to use the read waste ink counter the program doesn't respond. I've tried closing and reopening the program multiple times and continue to get this error. 

Hi!

Make sure that your printer is connected to your computer with a USB cable. Also make sure that you insert the key without spaces or extra characters before or after the key, and that Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86 packages were installed. Send a confirmation from the download menu please.

yes, the printer is connected with a USB cable and I downloaded  Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86 packages PRIOR to using the product key provided by email. see attached picture for proof. I then ran the WIC program and select my printer, which once again IS connected with a USB cable. once I run the read waste ink counter the program does not respond for quite some time and then will give me a printer read error and tell me to restart the printer. I restart the computer and have tried every other USB type A option on my motherboard just to get the same error.  And like I previously stated in my last post, I tried resetting the waste ink counter and was given an invalid product key error, and yes I ensured there were no errors by copying and pasting the provided key. 

x86 and x64 download.jpg

Turns out I’m a dumb ARSE!!! When I copied and pasted the code, I didn’t realize it picked up a space and a dash. So ALL THE WAY IN THE FRONT, I saw, felt stupid, then deleted… and viola. RESET! Smdh. 

On 5/4/2022 at 8:25 AM, Ann said:

I am having the same issue. Is there a resolution?

I was also having the same issue.. until I realized I did have extra characters when I copied and pasted. So at the very front, had to delete a few and viola! Worked! Good luck!

Same problem. I put in the code and the program stated NOT RESPONDING. I    am now unable to reuse the code bc the program tells me it was used previously. ALSO I    am unable to even use the Read WIC function for the same not responding/Printer communication error. All appropriate programs downloaded, connected with USB, Restarted computer and printer multiple times. after reading this thread, I went back and removed all the dashes and its telling me the code is invalid. Please help me.

21 hours ago, SamanthaHope85 said:

Same problem. I put in the code and the program stated NOT RESPONDING. I    am now unable to reuse the code bc the program tells me it was used previously. ALSO I    am unable to even use the Read WIC function for the same not responding/Printer communication error. All appropriate programs downloaded, connected with USB, Restarted computer and printer multiple times. after reading this thread, I went back and removed all the dashes and its telling me the code is invalid. Please help me.

Hi!

Did you install the Microsoft C ++ packages before running the utility?

If yes, please send me a screenshot from the download menu, so that I can see the date and time when the packages were installed.

Also, the error might be because you erased some key characters or left extra spaces in front and behind the key.