Does anyone know if the firmware for this model is in the works? I've been searching all over the internet to try and find a way to make my Epson WF-3820 Pro with 822XL cartridges reusable! I can't find auto reset chips, nor firmware anywhere out there. Please HELP ME! 😁🤞

Our company is successfully working on this issue.

Keep an eye on our website for updates!

Yep, waiting and hoping if not chipless then some way to auto reset chips......please

may as well buy a new printer each week. cheaper that a set of cartridges.

Unfortunately, I can't give you any guarantees when the firmware will be available.

Follow the updates on our website!

On 12/22/2022 at 3:25 PM, xixixihaha said:

Any news on this?

Unfortunately we don’t have solution for this model yet.

Seems as if lots of people are having problems with the EPSON WF-3820 printer. My WF-3820 will not recognize the cartridges nor will a chip resetter work Is there an estimated time as to if/when a firware will be available to convert this printer to chipless?

Hello!
This model is under development Check our website for updates.

The exact release date of the firmware is not yet known.

Hello Friends, we are using the ARC auto reset chip while the chipless is not ready. It is working very well but only in European models. Check:

Unfortunately it is not enough to put European Firmware on Northamerican machine. I have tried that and it still wanted 822 cartricges instead of 405 for Europe. So I rolled back to American older Firmware from this link https://dl.resetprinters.net/index.php?act=dl&id=7071&hash=1628480254460#google_vignette   which allowed me to use thrid party 822 cartridges.However, you need to change the chip every time they are empty, and the chips cost about 27$ per set or 10$ individual at Aliexpress.com plus shipping from China and customs duty.

The european firmware is here, but it does not change the required cartridge number to 405. And it is a relative new version, so might look to Epson original.

https://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/du/02/DriverDownloadInfo.do?LG2=EN&CN2=GB&CTI=63&PRN=WF-3820 Series&OSC=WS

I changed the firmware several times via USB cable and putting th e printer into Firmware mode by holding thumb on upper right corner of display, kind of diagonal from up down, covering about a square inch including black fram around display area in upper right corner.

This instruction for changing printer into firmware mode works on WF 3820 as well, but it is tricky. Took me severl trials. the impoortant part starts at 4:05 minutes into video. For me worked best to put thumb downwards diagonal.

On 1/21/2023 at 10:24 AM, Admin said:

Hello!
This model is under development Check our website for updates.

The exact release date of the firmware is not yet known.

Any news?

On 3/13/2023 at 5:13 PM, Doubledecker62 said:

Unfortunately it is not enough to put European Firmware on Northamerican machine. I have tried that and it still wanted 822 cartricges instead of 405 for Europe. So I rolled back to American older Firmware from this link https://dl.resetprinters.net/index.php?act=dl&id=7071&hash=1628480254460#google_vignette   which allowed me to use thrid party 822 cartridges.However, you need to change the chip every time they are empty, and the chips cost about 27$ per set or 10$ individual at Aliexpress.com plus shipping from China and customs duty.

Some more, When you do the screen cover turn on method described above, after 20 seconds a white writing Update mode appears, however, if you keep holding 10 more seconds after the power light came on, a red wrting appears for IPL Update mode. I could not do anything with it, trying to run the European firmware updater mentioned above. Error shows File not found. and all buttons flash. I then covered the Speaker button (touchscreen buttons!) for 10 seconds and it showed the installed ROM Versions. Like I said, I was not able to change anything, but maybe it helps the tech guys form inkchip.net  to know that there is a second level Updater. (If that solves the problems they seem to have, I would appreciate getting the chipless for free 😉

IPL ROM .jpg

Hello!

Do you have Epson WF-3820, right? Unfortunately we don’t have Chipless firmware for this model at the moment. 

yes, we know yours dont have the solution. I just wonder to know if we change the WF-3820 firmware for the WF-3720 firmware it could be possible works ? Because it seems both are the same printer.

Hello!
Unfortunately, they are two different printer models. The WF3820 printer will not work with the WF3720 printer firmware.

On 4/23/2023 at 2:16 AM, DIYPRO said:

Any updates on chipless firmware for the Epson WF-3820? 

Unfortunately we don’t have solution for this model yet (

On 4/17/2022 at 7:25 AM, Admin said:

Our company is successfully working on this issue.

Any updates on the progress? It's been over a year. 

On 10/27/2023 at 8:57 PM, Chamblee said:

Any updates on the progress? It's been over a year. 

Hello.
Unfortunately there is no solution for your printer model yet.

When our technicians make a chipless firmware for your printer model, you will see it on our website.
Thank you!