I have watched the step by step video and read the instructions step by step to download the firmware to my laptop. HP 15. I have turned off my virus protects and security settings for the laptop I have restarted my laptop three times. I can get the firmware to start up but once I get to step 5 and push start is then does nothing, it does not take me to yes or no option stated in the instructions. After a couple of minutes it then shows "Not Responding" message up top. I have seriously spent my whole day trying to get this to download. Can someone please help fix this issue.  

On 4/8/2022 at 2:58 AM, Raynes Closet said:

I have watched the step by step video and read the instructions step by step to download the firmware to my laptop. HP 15. I have turned off my virus protects and security settings for the laptop I have restarted my laptop three times. I can get the firmware to start up but once I get to step 5 and push start is then does nothing, it does not take me to yes or no option stated in the instructions. After a couple of minutes it then shows "Not Responding" message up top. I have seriously spent my whole day trying to get this to download. Can someone please help fix this issue.  

Please try this new file :

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_UP_XP15000_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent. 

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode.

(No need to press few buttons while turn on the printer) 

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok! Open task manager and stop updater process. Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF. 

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

After that try to activate again.

I'm also having issues with the activator software and have this same printer. i got the firmware to install, but the activator is not working. This is the error I am getting. It also seems to look quite a bit different than the software in the tutorial.

Capture.PNG

Edited by katrelld@gmail.com

On 4/13/2022 at 6:51 PM, katrelld@gmail.com said:

I'm also having issues with the activator software and have this same printer. i got the firmware to install, but the activator is not working. This is the error I am getting. It also seems to look quite a bit different than the software in the tutorial.

Capture.PNG

Read failed - 1 does not mean there is a problem with the activator, but that the chipless firmware was not successfully installed. Try to repeat the 99 firmware installation process in normal mode.

On 4/19/2022 at 3:06 AM, Discombobulated said:

I’m having troubles installing the firmware as well. I need help please.

5DA06BB6-8387-4F60-88FD-D961AE909897.png

Please try this new file :

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_UP_XP15000_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent. 

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode.

(No need to press few buttons while turn on the printer) 

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok! Open task manager and stop updater process. Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF. 

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

After that try to activate again.