Sign in to follow this  
pauld

Error with activation epson 3100

When i try activation app is crash or open window with "Unsupported Printer Model" or Reading failed - 1.

Can you help me?

On 1/13/2022 at 6:30 PM, pauld said:

When i try activation app is crash or open window with "Unsupported Printer Model" or Reading failed - 1.

Can you help me?

Hi!

Please try this new file for you.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_XP3100_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

i did this and didn't work. I'm was stopping updater process on printer and after turned on printer want to me changing containers like on original soft.

4 hours ago, pauld said:

i did this and didn't work. I'm was stopping updater process on printer and after turned on printer want to me changing containers like on original soft.

Please,send a screenshot.

19 hours ago, pauld said:

image.png.51fe40fcc239c0201557bc9486678444.png

Brak opisu.

should i have a orginal toners to instalation? Becouse i only have fakes

Your original firmware cannot be downgraded to earlier versions, and our chipless firmware is an earlier version.  
Basic concepts of the solution: 
- Standard InkChip firmware. Chipless firmware, which must be loaded into the printer using Firmware Mode. 
- 99 InkChip firmware. Chipless firmware, which must be loaded into Normal Mode. 
- Firmware Mode - special mode for updating printer firmware, which is activated when a certain buttons combination is pressed. 
- Normal Mode - normal mode of operation of the printer, simple switching on the printer with the power button.  
Algorithm for solving the problem: 
1. Check and memorize the firmware version of the printer. The firmware version displayed is the original non-update version. 
2. Flash printer 99 with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode. 
3. When trying to activate the firmware with the Activation program and the activation code, the program will generate the Reading failed 1. 
4. Start flashing the printer 99 again with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode. When the firmware status in Firmware Mode reaches 100%, and the printer display finishes counting the percentage of the firmware status, you need to pull out the power cable of the printer. 5. Connect the power cable and turn on the printer. Recovery Mode will appear on the display. 
6. Flash the printer with Inkchip firmware in Recovery Mode. 
7. Check the firmware version of the printer. The firmware version displayed must be different from the non-renewable firmware version. This version is the chipless firmware version of InkChip. 
8. Activate chipless firmware with the Activation program

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_XP3100_v1.rar (https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_XP3100_v1.rar)

This is just an example of a process, it doesn't matter what model of printer you have. Please watch the video on our official YouTube channel: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7qWYWjMNFQ  
And after that just ran again the inkchip firmware upload in normal mode.

6 hours ago, pauld said:

I did the same as in the video and again I only have a different error

image.png.104f94d3329dadd5403418cc0453b0d1.png

Hi!
Please make sure you downloaded the activation program from the website for your printer model.

• Thanks 1