Sign in to follow this  
Colin

WIC reset, now printer not working?

Hi.  I have Epson XP-520.  All was working and printing fine in past week.  I got the WIC error so I have run the WIC reset program with the purchased key and it said all ok. 

Now when I try to print over wifi, I am told that it is out of paper even though there is paper in the tray.  When I Connect via USB, the printer shows up but printing, even the test page, results in random characters and the print hangs part way thru.

I have used a WIX reset before (not yours) and all was ok.  It would appear that your program has mangled the printer.

I have turned printer off/on as well as unplugging it from mains power but no change.  I have rebooted my computer and retried, but again , no change.

Any ideas?

thanks, Colin

Edited by Colin

16 hours ago, Colin said:

Hi.  I have Epson XP-520.  All was working and printing fine in past week.  I got the WIC error so I have run the WIC reset program with the purchased key and it said all ok. 

Now when I try to print over wifi, I am told that it is out of paper even though there is paper in the tray.  When I Connect via USB, the printer shows up but printing, even the test page, results in random characters and the print hangs part way thru.

I have used a WIX reset before (not yours) and all was ok.  It would appear that your program has mangled the printer.

I have turned printer off/on as well as unplugging it from mains power but no change.  I have rebooted my computer and retried, but again , no change.

Any ideas?

thanks, Colin

Hi!
Have you followed all the instructions for using WIC, including installing Microsoft C++ packages before running the utility?
Also, your printer seems to have internal problems, because WIC has nothing to do with other parts of the printer other than the maintenance box.

Hi, yes I did follow instructions, watched the videos etc.   The windows system has C++ 2015-2019 installed so I assumed that would include 2017.  The program did run, pretty sure it wouldn't if it didn't the have the correct C++ libs installed.

The printer was ok a few days before when I last printed.   Now it behaves as described above.

Can I run the WIC program again?  I am wondering if the printer has got it's setting confused!

Any more ideas?

thanks, Colin

ok.  So I reset the printer to factory settings and reconnected to all computers and now it's back working.  Odd, but got there.  Why?  Who knows!

Colin.