Good morning I am trying to install the latest firmware however every time I get to the end I get this error please help?  I also put the step where it shows the firmware version it says it has.  Just so everyone know this is a brand new wf-2850 with original ink cartridges in it still when trying to do the firmware install.

Any help in this matter would be great.

step6-fail.png

step5.png

Just got the same printer and having the same problem exactly.  Already have another one that was set up using for quite a while.  Have tried disabling the antivirus software.  It will go to  99%  then fail.  Will even take activation code.  Shows does not recognize cartridge after entering activation code.

Hi, I just purchased a epson wf-2850. Ink cartridges ran out of ink, I took them out refilled them and now it does not recognize any of the cartridges. Contacted the person I purchased it from and she sent me to your websites. She keeps saying I updated the firmware. So came to your website I downloaded proper file but it gets to 83% and gives me an error that the printer's firmware was not updated. Does not recognize that I have usb cable connected but started the process the Wi-Fi. I attached some photos. Can you please give me some insight possibly on how to get this done?

Thank you

20211105_121036.jpg

20211104_114645.jpg

20211104_114512.jpg

Edited by cjeffcoat

17 hours ago, cjeffcoat said:

Hi, I just purchased a epson wf-2850. Ink cartridges ran out of ink, I took them out refilled them and now it does not recognize any of the cartridges. Contacted the person I purchased it from and she sent me to your websites. She keeps saying I updated the firmware. So came to your website I downloaded proper file but it gets to 83% and gives me an error that the printer's firmware was not updated. Does not recognize that I have usb cable connected but started the process the Wi-Fi. I attached some photos. Can you please give me some insight possibly on how to get this done?

Thank you

20211105_121036.jpg

20211104_114645.jpg

20211104_114512.jpg

Hello!

Im what mode did you intsall the firmware?

The one I was trying to put in said it was an update and and would only work thru wi-fi. Thank you!

Edited by cjeffcoat