Jerry_H

How to Switch Off Automatic Firmware Updates on Epson Printers

Hello, Please help me to find our that function!

How to Switch Off Automatic Firmware Updates on Epson Printers???

I have Epson WF-3720, 

Will wait !

Thanks! 

Hi!
Epson releases new versions of their printers firmware.

So if customer using compatible cartridges or CISS, it is better to turn off the automatic updates of the printer software.

These updates often have no benefit to the end user and bring trouble to cartridges by making them unrecognisable by the printer once the update has been installed. 

So please follow the instruction how to turn off automatic Epson firmware update.

Right-click the product icon in the Windows taskbar to reveal the menu, then choose Software Update Settings.
image.png

And please choose  update frequencies to Never.

image.png

You need to check this on all Windows computers that have the Epson printer software installed.

On 5/27/2020 at 10:49 AM, Admin said:

Hi!
Epson releases new versions of their printers firmware.

So if customer using compatible cartridges or CISS, it is better to turn off the automatic updates of the printer software.

These updates often have no benefit to the end user and bring trouble to cartridges by making them unrecognisable by the printer once the update has been installed. 

So please follow the instruction how to turn off automatic Epson firmware update.

Right-click the product icon in the Windows taskbar to reveal the menu, then choose Software Update Settings.
image.png

And please choose  update frequencies to Never.

image.png

You need to check this on all Windows computers that have the Epson printer software installed.

Hello, I'm french in Nice, I'm the disappointed owner of an Epson Stylus SX130 10 or 12 years old which has suddenly refused to print. Interessed by your solution, I paid 10€ to download your apply InkChip Wic, I could download it, install it and execute, but it didn't work with my pc and printer. I'm stopped at the first window of INKCHIP Adjustment program V1.11? A message says : check your USB connexion between your pc and your printer. But this one is perfect ! Can you help me ? It seems like a problem of compatibility between my Windows version and the downloaded apply ? I can afford me a new printer but I hate waste and planned obsolescence... 😉 Waiting for a solution ...

On 5/20/2022 at 11:03 AM, BRAQUET said:

Hello, I'm french in Nice, I'm the disappointed owner of an Epson Stylus SX130 10 or 12 years old which has suddenly refused to print. Interessed by your solution, I paid 10€ to download your apply InkChip Wic, I could download it, install it and execute, but it didn't work with my pc and printer. I'm stopped at the first window of INKCHIP Adjustment program V1.11? A message says : check your USB connexion between your pc and your printer. But this one is perfect ! Can you help me ? It seems like a problem of compatibility between my Windows version and the downloaded apply ? I can afford me a new printer but I hate waste and planned obsolescence... 😉 Waiting for a solution ...

Hello!

Please,try another device with the Windows version lower than 11th.

And make sure you are connected with usb,it is obligatory.