Kathryn

Firmware errors at 99%

On 2/5/2022 at 5:25 PM, Rebecca Carter said:

I'm using a Epson 2850 we and windows 10 .I'm having the same problem

In the video guide it shows that you don't need it to load 100%. When the load gets stuck at 75-85%, that's okay! You will need to pull the cable out at that point and put it back in.

Then turn the printer on just using the power button.

Watch the video please:

On 8/10/2021 at 8:17 AM, Admin said:

I have the XP-15000 I have tried the above firmware and watched the instructional video.  I have done all the trouble shooting advised.  I m still g4tting the error.  What else can I do?

2 hours ago, Redbird Creations said:

I have the XP-15000 I have tried the above firmware and watched the instructional video.  I have done all the trouble shooting advised.  I m still g4tting the error.  What else can I do?

If the boot process does not stop and reaches 99%, then open the task manager and stop the boot process at 70-80% manually.

On 6/2/2021 at 12:37 PM, Kathryn said:

I have tried multiple times to install firmware with same results.

At 99% completion, I get the following pop-up message:

The Printer's firmware was not updated.

The firmware update did not complete. Try the following, then click [Retry].

- Ensure that the printer is connected (USB/Wi-Fi/Ethernet) to the computer.

- Ensure that the printer is powered on.

Click [Retry] to perform the update again

Click [next] to continue processing.

There are no error codes.

I am using Windows 7.

I can see the printer so it is clearly plugged in and turned on.

It is connected USB to the computer.

I am having the same problem with Epson WF2760

22 hours ago, Jacob Findly said:

I am having the same with Epson WF2760 I need 

22 hours ago, Jacob Findly said:

I am having the same with Epson WF2760 I need help

Please try this new file for you.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF2760_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

On 11/3/2021 at 8:03 PM, Trbj3300 said:

I have the epson wf 2850 and doing the same to me. I working on Windows 10. At 85, it says firmware version confirmed but st 99 it says not updated

On 3/31/2022 at 4:35 AM, Della said:

Please try this new file :

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF2850_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent. 

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode.

(No need to press few buttons while turn on the printer) 

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok! Open task manager and stop updater process. Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF. 

After that try to activate again.

Hi Team,

Using a WF-2860.  Latest Firmware and Activation files from your site.

Progress bar gets to ~70% and the printer reboots.

Firmware program slowly gets to 100% and says it failed.

I've tried pulling the power plug at 60-70% after it reboots.  This does not seem to help the firmware installation.  No differences as before.

I've watched the video too.  It recommends the same.

I haven't killed the updater task as the instructions are unclear.  Kill the updater after the printer reboots?  before? during?

Thanks in advance.

On 4/12/2022 at 3:13 AM, NeedinHelp said:

Hi Team,

Using a WF-2860.  Latest Firmware and Activation files from your site.

Progress bar gets to ~70% and the printer reboots.

Firmware program slowly gets to 100% and says it failed.

I've tried pulling the power plug at 60-70% after it reboots.  This does not seem to help the firmware installation.  No differences as before.

I've watched the video too.  It recommends the same.

I haven't killed the updater task as the instructions are unclear.  Kill the updater after the printer reboots?  before? during?

Thanks in advance.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF2860_v1.rar

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode.

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok! Open task manager and stop updater process. Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF. 

Same problem with Epson WF-3730.  Firmware install errors at 99%.  Windows 11 Home and (unfortunately) the latest and greatest firmware from Epson.

Edited by SuziniNC

Success!  For all the others struggling with this issue - hang in there!  This firmware solution really does work, but the install is buggy as all get out!

Step one - Run the firmware install program.  It will stall at about 71% after the printer has turned off and back on.  Start Windows Task Manager (Press Ctrl + Alt + Del together and select Task Manager.)  Sometime around 80% the printer will make one last sound.  End the InkChip task before you get the error message.  If you let the error come up, the program will set the "failed" flag and the Activation program will not run. 

Step 2 - Run the Activation program.  (It looks different than the example in the instructions on the "soft" tab.)  You will need the Serial Number of your printer and the Activation Key from your Activation e~mail.  Select the "Activate online" button.  A window will appear saying to Input S/N.  Type in your printer's Serial number and select "OK"  You will get an error that the Serial Number is invalid, but the serial number will appear in the top box (Serial & ID Code box) along with some computer language codes.  Select "Cancel" on the Input S/N window.   You're halfway there!

Step 3 - Tap the second empty open box (Activation Code box) to move your cursor to the Activation key portion.  Tap the "Activate online" key again.  The Input S/N window will reappear.  This time enter your Activation Key exactly as it appears in the e-mail.  (It's easiest to copy and paste it.)  Tap the "OK" button. You will get an invalid S/N error again.  Tap Cancel.  The lower open box will fill with computer codes representing your Activation Key.  IMPORTANT: Copy these codes and save them to a text document.  If for any reason your firmware gets updated by your printer's company, this is the only way you can reinstall the InkChip firmware WITHOUT having to buy a new key.

Step 4:  Underneath the Activation Code box, tap the Activate key.  You will get an Activation Complete message and your printer will restart. 

Happy, happy, JOY, JOY!  You've jumped through all the hoops and all ink cartridges will read as full all the time, and you can put any cartridge that fits in your printer. You can refill your own cartridges or buy filled after-market ones.  FREEDOM FROM TYRANNY!

• Like 1

Don't forget to connect your printer to your computer with a USBcable before you begin.  The activation program wont work without it.

I am experiencing the same issue with an XP-2150 and no standard procedure will work or even SuziniNC's suggestion

3 hours ago, van said:

I am experiencing the same issue with an XP-2150 and no standard procedure will work or even SuziniNC's suggestion

Hello!

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_XP2100_v1.rar

Order #430045 , printer wf-3720 - I'm getting stuck at 99% also and then it tells me the the printer's firmware was not updated and the firmware did not complete. I did try unplugging the power cord and then plugging it back in like in the video. I also tried stopping it before the fail notice but when I do that my printer is not recognized in the activation setup so I cannot enter my serial number or the activation code. Any other suggestions?

Okay, finally!!!  I have a wf-3720 printer and I couldn't get the firmware to install so that my printer would show in the dropdown box to activate.

In addition to what SuziniNC did above...

1) I made sure my antivirus software and firewall was temporarily disabled.

2) I combined the steps from the video and SuziniNC. When the program stalled, I unplugged the power cable, for a count of 10, and then plugged it back in again. Then once it was on again, and install was around 85%,  I used task manager to end the InkChip task.

3) This was the kicker, and feels like a duh moment because most programs tell you to do this anyway when installing a new program - I restarted my computer 🤦🏽‍♀️

4) After restarting, I disabled my antivirus and firewall again, just in case. Then started the activation tool. My printer now showed in the dropdown box where it should.

Now follow the rest of SuziniNC's steps to start Activation. I had to manually restart my printer, but it FINALLY worked😁

On 8/14/2022 at 12:16 PM, anggoro said:

failed , upgrade printer WF-C5290 firmware error @99%, the printer was not update

Hello,

You must install the firmware in normal mode.

To install the firmware in normal mode means to use only the power button. 

Watch this video please:

https://youtu.be/oF0DsDVPT7k

Here’s the new firmware:

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF5290_v1.rar

11 hours ago, Kristamarie said:

I have the same problem with my XP-15000 with Epson firmware 20.42.NW99Z9

Hello,

You must install the firmware in normal mode.

To install the firmware in normal mode means to use only the power button. 

Watch this video please:

https://youtu.be/oF0DsDVPT7k

Here’s the new firmware:

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_XP15000_v1.rar