tonilynn830@gmail.com

firmware mode 2830

I have an Epsom wf2830 and can’t get my printer into firmware mode either!  The instructions are not correct.  They show the wrong printer. Please help!

I was able to get the firmware to begin downloading then at 99% it stops and says it cannot complete. I have done everything it tells me to do at this point but it still does not complete I have attached a pic of the screen that comes up. Any help would be appreciated!  DC55D28E-2933-44ED-A68E-397BEBCC2CBA.thumb.jpeg.0236c2736a65ad5148699e5677e7ff65.jpeg

I was able to complete the firmware download however I cannot do the activation. When I open the activation box all it does is tell me my printer is updated but does not show my printer model to begin activation it shows nothing. I’ve tried it several times with the same results. I’ve gotten nowhere!  Please help me! I was asked to call you so you could give me another activation program however I cannot call international with my phone!

Edited by Eileen

Hi! 
https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF2830_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

I need help. I have gotten so confused on the steps to install the firmware for the Epson WF-2830. I have a new MacBook Pro and so it doesn't help that I'm learning to use the MacBook as well. Do I not do anything with the CD that came with the printer? Right now the computer doesn't recognize the printer. I downloaded the firmware already on my computer but currently the printer is telling me to install the ink the came with the computer. Please Please help. I have been excited to start sublimating. But I am lost. 

Order #: 159558

I am also having issues with the firmware for my Epson WF-2830. It stops at 99% and then gives me the same error message as Eileen. I have tried multiple times and nothing is working.

On 4/26/2021 at 7:42 AM, Eileen said:

I was able to get the firmware to begin downloading then at 99% it stops and says it cannot complete. I have done everything it tells me to do at this point but it still does not complete I have attached a pic of the screen that comes up. Any help would be appreciated!  DC55D28E-2933-44ED-A68E-397BEBCC2CBA.thumb.jpeg.0236c2736a65ad5148699e5677e7ff65.jpeg

Your original firmware cannot be downgraded to earlier versions, and our chipless firmware is an earlier version.

Basic concepts of the solution:

- Standard InkChip firmware. Chipless firmware, which must be loaded into the printer using Firmware Mode.

- 99 InkChip firmware. Chipless firmware, which must be loaded into Normal Mode.

- Firmware Mode - special mode for updating printer firmware, which is activated when a certain buttons combination is pressed.

- Normal Mode - normal mode of operation of the printer, simple switching on the printer with the power button.

Algorithm for solving the problem:

1. Check and memorize the firmware version of the printer. The firmware version displayed is the original non-update version.

2. Flash printer 99 with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode.

3. When trying to activate the firmware with the Activation program and the activation code, the program will generate the Reading failed 1.

4. Start flashing the printer 99 again with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode. When the firmware status in Firmware Mode reaches 100%, and the printer display finishes counting the percentage of the firmware status, you need to pull out the power cable of the printer.

5. Connect the power cable and turn on the printer. Recovery Mode will appear on the display.

6. Flash the printer with Inkchip firmware in Recovery Mode.

7. Check the firmware version of the printer. The firmware version displayed must be different from the non-renewable firmware version. This version is the chipless firmware version of InkChip.

8. Activate chipless firmware with the Activation program.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF2830_v1.rar

This is just an example of a process, it doesn't matter what model of printer you have. Please watch the video on our official YouTube channel:

And after that just ran again the inkchip firmware upload in normal mode.

1 hour ago, Becca said:

I tried installing the firmware in recovery mode. It still doesn't work. I attached a video of what the printer flashes before turning off.

What is your order number?

I have been having the same issue. The download gets to 99% and then stops. At one point while firmware was being uploaded it kept printing what looked like coding. Other than needing help getting the firmware uploaded, I have a couple of question. Should the original cartridges be in the printer while uploading the firmware or should there not be any cartridges in the printer at all? 

9 minutes ago, Admin said:

What mode did you install the firmware in? Normal mode or update mode? We have recently changed the instructions on our website.
Please take a look at them.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP Instruction Method 14 (for 99 firmware).pdf

I've tried both. In normal mode, it goes to 99% and then says the firmware cannot be updated. In update mode, it gives me the fatal error I showed in the video.