I have tried about a dozen times to update the firmware on my Epson WF-4730. The process begins each time, and then I get the message that the printer could not be updated. I am given prompts of things to try. I have tried all of them, and always get the same message. I have tried with just the network connection, just a USB connection, and with both, all with the same failure.

One thing I did notice is that when I power the printer on as instructed, touching both the power button and the upper right corner of the touch screen, I do not get the black screen with "Epson Printer Program Update Mode" that is shown in both the printed and video instructions. It just turns on normally, and once it gave me the message not to touch the screen. However, the Firmware registers my printer as "ready and standing by."

I would appreciate your help figuring out how to update the firmware on the printer. And if it is not possible, how can I get a refund?

Thank you!

Rebecca 

Hi!

Please try this new file for you.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF4790_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

Hi...

I am having same issue as Rebecca states, after trying several times.  Please see attached word doc with screen shots and additional info.  I am hopeful you can resolve this issue and if not how can I get refund? 

If it would be helpful, I can contact you through Whatsapp and we can run through install...please advise...

Thank you

InkChipFirmwareInstall-July3.docx

On 7/4/2021 at 5:39 AM, johnl said:

Hi...

I am having same issue as Rebecca states, after trying several times.  Please see attached word doc with screen shots and additional info.  I am hopeful you can resolve this issue and if not how can I get refund? 

If it would be helpful, I can contact you through Whatsapp and we can run through install...please advise...

Thank you

InkChipFirmwareInstall-July3.docx 1.52 MB · 1 download

Hi!
What mode did you install the firmware in? In normal mode (using one button) or in update mode (using a combination of buttons). The firmware from the website should be installed in normal mode.

21 hours ago, Antwon said:

Hello I have the wf 2850 and when I try to update firmware it says firmware could not be installed

Hi!

Please send the screenshot of the error.

On 2/2/2021 at 2:13 AM, Admin said:

Hi!

Please try this new file for you.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF4790_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

If it stops at 70-80% how can you put in the activation code?

Hi!

Have you installed the firmware successfully? You should input the key only after the installation 

My printer wf 3720 will not finish installing firmware and restart. I have downloaded and tried to install multiple times. It brings up the printer USB at first but switches to connection type network when downloading even though it's via USB. Then it says firmware not installed like the people above. What can I do?

On 11/18/2021 at 3:08 PM, antdiva80@gmail.com said:

My printer wf 3720 will not finish installing firmware and restart. I have downloaded and tried to install multiple times. It brings up the printer USB at first but switches to connection type network when downloading even though it's via USB. Then it says firmware not installed like the people above. What can I do?

Hi!
You should install the chipless firmware in NORMAL mode instead of UPDATE mode.

Please read the instruction from our website carefully:

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP Instruction Method 14 (for 99 firmware).pdf

Also, please watch the video guide from our official YouTube channel:

https://youtu.be/oF0DsDVPT7k

Let me know the result!
Thank you!

On 5/29/2022 at 7:08 PM, stacy said:

It doesn't show my printer so I can add the activation key epson xp15000

Make sure you used a usb cable when installing the firmware and have a stable internet.

Go to the menu devices and printers and check if the computer sees the connection to the printer.

Please send a screenshot, if possible.

I have a WF 2850 the firmware install failed. The printer is connected via USB. The printer also shows a maintenance error does not recognize ink cartridge.

Do I load firmware for WF4790 as suggested above.

If so what do I use for activation key  

22 hours ago, DickL said:

I have a WF 2850 the firmware install failed. The printer is connected via USB. The printer also shows a maintenance error does not recognize ink cartridge.

Do I load firmware for WF4790 as suggested above.

If so what do I use for activation key  

In the video guide it shows that you don't need it to load 100%. When the load gets stuck at 75-85%, that's okay! You will need to pull the cable out at that point and put it back in.

Then turn the printer on just using the power button.

Watch the video please:

https://youtu.be/oF0DsDVPT7k

On 7/15/2021 at 8:34 AM, Antwon said:

Hello I have the wf 2850 and when I try to update firmware it says firmware could not be installed, tried all options offered... please help

Posted (edited)

I am having the same issues as the individuals above. The firmware update gets to 99% and fails. I am  installing your firmware on a WF-4734 printer using the USB cable. I use this printer with my Omen Hewlett Packard workstation strictly with the USB cable. I have not experienced any issues printing content unless the cartridges were empty. In this instance all the cartridges are full with the exception of the 802XL Black cartridge and it is at 50%. The reason for the firmware change is I hate having to change out color cartridges just to print in black and white. Also, I could be mistaken but I think I heard that Epson changed their firmware to not allow non Epson updates to be applied. Have you heard this? Could this be the reason your firmware will not work with my printer? The firmware on my printer was recently updated by Epson and is now displaying version CM27J5.

Just to be clear, I power cycle the printer and then try to apply your firmware update. I have done this twice with the same result. I do not touch the printer at anytime during the update.

INKChip.Net Firmware Update Failed Dialog.jpg

Edited by MrLoony2@yahoo.com
added screen shot of firmware update failure.

5 hours ago, MrLoony2@yahoo.com said:

I am having the same issues as the individuals above. The firmware update gets to 99% and fails. I am  installing your firmware on a WF-4734 printer using the USB cable. I use this printer with my Omen Hewlett Packard workstation strictly with the USB cable. I have not experienced any issues printing content unless the cartridges were empty. In this instance all the cartridges are full with the exception of the 802XL Black cartridge and it is at 50%. The reason for the firmware change is I hate having to change out color cartridges just to print in black and white. Also, I could be mistaken but I think I heard that Epson changed their firmware to not allow non Epson updates to be applied. Have you heard this? Could this be the reason your firmware will not work with my printer? The firmware on my printer was recently updated by Epson and is now displaying version CM27J5.

Just to be clear, I power cycle the printer and then try to apply your firmware update. I have done this twice with the same result. I do not touch the printer at anytime during the update.

INKChip.Net Firmware Update Failed Dialog.jpg

Stop the boot process at 75-85% through the task manager. Don’t let it get 99% and error.