Sign in to follow this  
mat

XP-6000 "wrong ID code"

Hello,

i updated the firmware on my xp-6000 as per the instructions, it seemed to have been successful. However when i open up the activation program (which looks different from the instructions and video). I select my printer and click activate online. then i get a pop up that says "wrong ID Code."

Screenshot 2021-01-27 130134.png

Hi!

1) Upload firmware from the webpage

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

Run the activation program.

I have the same issue, but I'm not sure what you mean by "switch on in normal mode" - unless it's just pushing the power button on the printer to make it turn on. Which I did, and it says that I'm out of black & cyan ink.  (I already did step 1 and it seemed to work fine).  I'm then not sure what will be uploading after turning the printer on.  Nothing is happening...am I supposed to DO something after turning the printer on?  Is the printer supposed to DO something?  I'm confused :-(  Oh, WF-3733 for reference...

Uploading the firmware is step one.... I did that already.  I said I was on step two.  Please advise or return my $30 since this isn't working.

...I said I did that.  I updated the firmware.  Then went on to step two.  I turned my printer on.  Then what?  What's supposed to happen?  Nothing happens.

After turning the printer on, you must run the 99 firmware for your model and wait for the printer to turn off.
Then turn the printer back on and run the activation program.