Sign in to follow this  
jwmseter

Epson SC P800: No auto shutdown after "FINISHED"

Your program version of this is very good and ran without issues.

However, your instructions say to push the BACK button after "FINISHED" and the printer will automatically turn off. Mine did not. The program itself displays a message on my computer screen that says "Finished. The firmware has been downloaded to your printer. Wait for the printer to shut down automatically." As these instructions differ, I'm not sure which is correct. Can you please clarify?

In my case, the only way to shut it down seems to be to hit the flashing POWER button. This turns the printer off. Is this okay, or does it mean I have a problem? If it is okay, then maybe there is a manual way to confirm that the correct firmware is running? If so, can you advise how? 

Finally, if all is okay, then should I just go to the next step and run the ACTIVATION?

Thanks for your help. Your instructions are MUCH clearer and up  to date than I could find elsewhere! Thank you.

Note that I ran the activation after al this anyway, and it shows the FULL INK levels consistent with success. So if you can confirm that I have done the right thing, that would be helpfu.

Question I'm not sure about is that I was emailed an Activation Code by "Kate" and I did buy one, but I am wondering if that is the permanent code or not. Could you please confirm that, too?

Thanks!

Hi!
You can only use one key for one printer, after that our firmware will work forever if you turn off the automatic printer update in the settings. 
If your ink level shows full, it means that you have successfully installed the chipless firmware and activated it.