Hi,  I might have posted this question in the wrong topic earlier. I'm reposting it here. 

When opening the pdf file with the instructions for the Work Force 2850, I got this file:

"Instructions for updating the printer firmware in chipless, method 9 Compatible Epson Printer Models: WF-2630; WF-2631; WF-2650; WF-2651; WF-2750; WF-2751; WF-4630; WF5620; PX-M840F"

NO 2850 mentioned... How do I enter firmware mode for the Epson WF-2850?

Thank you for your help.

Maggy,

I too have the WF-2850, were you able to get this problem solved? If so can you contact me please.

Thank you for your help 

Liz

Hi!

Please try this new file for you.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF2850_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

I too have an epson 2850. I have tried the software on your site, also the software you emailed me, and just now the download that was in a message from another person on this page.

I keep getting an Epson message dialog box that says "cannot find files needed to start" .  Im not sure what to do. do you know why this is occurring and how to fix it?

On 3/8/2021 at 1:15 AM, rude label original design said:

I too have an epson 2850. I have tried the software on your site, also the software you emailed me, and just now the download that was in a message from another person on this page.

I keep getting an Epson message dialog box that says "cannot find files needed to start" .  Im not sure what to do. do you know why this is occurring and how to fix it?

Good afternoon!
Send a screenshot of the error so we can help you.

I just bought the firmware to have a chip less ink cartridge system in my printer. I have downloaded all the necessary items that were Included but when trying to open the firmware, there is nothing that is coming up. I also clicked on instructions for my printer and it is showing instructions for a different printer. So I’m not sure how to get into the firmware mode.

Any help is appreciated!
Brittney Weir 

15 hours ago, BWeir said:

9559F3ED-D746-4795-8EFF-385CD7AC0CA2.jpeg

86D52529-9C1E-4500-B83E-DCD8C49FEBCD.jpeg

3BFC4486-BCC6-422D-81AE-107615B82367.jpeg

Hello!
Please try this new file for you:

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (No need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

So I downloaded what you sent. It still says could not find files to start. I even turned off my firewall on my computer and made sure my computer was completely up to date. Nothing is working. 

071E67CD-98EC-43E5-818F-E1455138CAA5.jpeg

4102C4AC-5674-4C08-B425-D0DBD6A01E2B.jpeg

On 3/23/2021 at 1:09 AM, BWeir said:

So I downloaded what you sent. It still says could not find files to start. I even turned off my firewall on my computer and made sure my computer was completely up to date. Nothing is working. 

071E67CD-98EC-43E5-818F-E1455138CAA5.jpeg

4102C4AC-5674-4C08-B425-D0DBD6A01E2B.jpeg

Good day!

To extract a file you need to use any archiver. For example, WinRAR or other...

Hello

I used winzip to open firmware_99 file as per link above.

The printer turned off and on around 80 ish % after that a message showed the process  update failed.

I stopped it using task manager.

My printer WF 2850 now shows firmware BL05K3

Is this correct?

I have not tried to use my activation code yet?

1 hour ago, rdy said:

Hello

I used winzip to open firmware_99 file as per link above.

The printer turned off and on around 80 ish % after that a message showed the process  update failed.

I stopped it using task manager.

My printer WF 2850 now shows firmware BL05K3

Is this correct?

I have not tried to use my activation code yet?

Hi! Now run the activation program and insert the key.
Let me know the result.

Has anyone gotten this process to successfully complete?

Mine states "The firmware update printer could not be updated":

image.thumb.png.a4655787a3aa99f42290ea5eb848f3a5.png

I wonder if the issue is that I am NOT currently using EPSON Ink, so the printer is still attempting to use the Non-Epson Ink I previously had installed?

Perhaps this is the "Ensure that the printer is not middle of the setup."?

Please help!

Edited by Murphs.World@verizon.net

Your original firmware cannot be downgraded to earlier versions, and our chipless firmware is an earlier version.

Basic concepts of the solution:
- Standard InkChip firmware. Chipless firmware, which must be loaded into the printer using Firmware Mode.
- 99 InkChip firmware. Chipless firmware, which must be loaded into Normal Mode.
- Firmware Mode - special mode for updating printer firmware, which is activated when a certain buttons combination is pressed.
- Normal Mode - normal mode of operation of the printer, simple switching on the printer with the power button.

Algorithm for solving the problem:
1. Check and memorize the firmware version of the printer. The firmware version displayed is the original non-update version.
2. Flash printer 99 with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode.
3. When trying to activate the firmware with the Activation program and the activation code, the program will generate the Reading failed 1.
4. Start flashing the printer 99 again with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode. When the firmware status in Firmware Mode reaches 100%, and the printer display finishes counting the percentage of the firmware status, you need to pull out the power cable of the printer.
5. Connect the power cable and turn on the printer. Recovery Mode will appear on the display.
6. Flash the printer with Inkchip firmware in Recovery Mode.
7. Check the firmware version of the printer. The firmware version displayed must be different from the non-renewable firmware version. This version is the chipless firmware version of InkChip.
8. Activate chipless firmware with the Activation program.

This is just an example of a process, it doesn't matter what model of printer you have. Please watch the video on our official YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7qWYWjMNFQ

And after that just ran again the inkchip firmware upload in normal mode.

Thank You very much for replying!!

Seeing as the revised executable and suggested steps above did not work; I decided to attempt with the Original code and instructions posted on the https://inkchip.net/soft/ page:

1. NewWF-2850, WF-2851, WF-2855 Watch Download Download Download
  2. I followed the provided instructions from the web page INKCHIP_Instruction_WF4630.pdf; Which really didn't speak specifically to my printer in the instructions so I kind of made my own.
  3. For STEP 4. Enter the printer in firmware mode; I took the updated directions above applicable for the WF-2850 family and initiated the update from a normal startup. This worked because I did have Epson cartridges installed, so I was no longer receiving the invalid cartridge error once it started up, so I had a normal startup.
  4. I then initiated the INKCHIP.net_Firmware_WF2850.exe at Step 5 rather than stalling at 70 / 80%, the update ran to a clean end of job!
  5. I did see the “FINISHED” on the display, however there was no flickering or anything else, it displayed it's normal printer status window.  After about five minutes I simply shut the printer down.
  6. Following again the INKCHIP_Instruction_WF4630.pdf instructions provided from the web page at Step 6 through Step 10 there were no differences!

I hope these instructions might assist someone else with similar issues to what I had run into.

I am a VERY HAPPY InkChip.Net customer   😉

Thanks again for all your input!

On 1/24/2021 at 1:53 AM, Admin said:

Hi! Thank you for your help I did what you told me I am just hoping it will work. Right now it is telling me updating firmware and it is blinking like you said and it's telling me not to shut it down that when update is done it will shut down on its own. I don't think it worked

Please try this new file for you.

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

T

On 4/21/2021 at 7:11 PM, Marie Angel Michaud said:

Hi!
You can turn off the printer yourself.

Just an FYI for anyone who comes across this. I was having trouble and this is what worked for me:

First, I couldn't get my printer into recover mode with the button code given. I don't think it works for the 2850. So, I just decided to try to run the program in normal mode as suggested above.

I ran the .exe that I downloaded from the website, but when I got to step 4 where you select your printer it said "downgraded (unable to update)" under status. I downloaded the firmware_99 file from this chain, and when I got to step 4 I had no problem! I ran the firmware update and when it was around 80% or so my printer restarted. Then the firmware updater popped up with the error that the firmware could not be updated. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT ERROR MESSAGE. Even though it says that, the firmware has in fact been updated. I just checked the version on my machine and it says "BL05K3". 

I have not purchased the key yet to try it out with the chipless cartriges but it looks like it worked fine. 

Thanks to the admin for all the detailed instructions. It's highly appreciated!

My Epson Wf-2850 Firmware shows the BLK05K3, however the Inkchip Firmware on my computer will not show that the firmware is on my printer and will not allow me to complete step 7 of the firmware update process. Since I cannot finish this process, I cannot activate the chipless firmware. 

I had to install the firmware in recovery mode, as the normal USB process failed every time. 

Please tell me how to get the firmware screen to recognize the firmware that is on my printer so I can activate. 

Thank you 

7 hours ago, abed said:

The activation program keep freezing when I press activate online button , any help?

Hi! Please tell me your printer model. Also check the internet connection. 

I was having the same issues and then I did end the task at 87% and went to settings and looked at the firmware listed and it had the updated firmware from inkchip. My problem is now when I go to the activation program I try to choose device and the menu is blank. I try to activate online and it says I have to choose a device first. .

1460113774_image(1).thumb.png.4af435856bef82f90829668eee212594.png

Edited by MimiMousey

If you have the latest Windows OS, you should try installing the firmware from another computer with an earlier OS. Installation will take about 15 minutes, after which you can use the printer as before, with any computer.

On 12/3/2021 at 11:45 PM, MimiMousey said:

I was having the same issues and then I did end the task at 87% and went to settings and looked at the firmware listed and it had the updated firmware from inkchip. My problem is now when I go to the activation program I try to choose device and the menu is blank. I try to activate online and it says I have to choose a device first. .

1460113774_image(1).thumb.png.4af435856bef82f90829668eee212594.png

Hi! If you have the latest Windows OS, you should try installing the firmware from another computer with an earlier OS. Installation will take about 15 minutes, after which you can use the printer as before, with any computer.

Hello, before I install the INKCHIP Firmware, does it matter what firmware the printer is on right now? Thanks!

Hi!

Please tell me your printer model. If we have the firmware for that model it will install without any problems.