Hello,

I am trying to install the inchip program and while I am running the activation program while using the usb to connect to the printer, when i press generate or activate online I get the message 'read failed', and when I use the activation key i get the message 'activation code cannot be recognized'. Please let me know how to proceed.

Good afternoon! Send a screenshot of the error so we can help you.

On 11/13/2020 at 4:47 PM, Admin said:

Good afternoon! Send a screenshot of the error so we can help you.

Order #14769.  WF-4734.  Wrong ID Code.  Please help.  

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by kendal

Hi!

Please try this new file for you.

1) Upload firmware which I sent

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

I have a EPSON XP-6000 and the activation is not working after flashing the firmware. It keeps saying "Activation code cannot be recognized"?

5 minutes ago, Paul B said:

I have a EPSON XP-6000 and the activation is not working after flashing the firmware. It keeps saying "Activation code cannot be recognized"?

Order # 58917

On 3/26/2021 at 2:33 AM, Will said:

i have wf-4734 i get "Wrong ID" for activation!

Order #: 57647

Hello!
Please try this new file for you:

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF4790_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent
2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (No need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)
The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!
Open task manager and stop updater process.
Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.
Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

On 3/27/2021 at 11:36 AM, Paul B said:

Hi!

Please send me the screenshot of the error so we can help you.

when i put in my activation code it keep saying get code online it was emailed to me. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

Activation tool problem when I click activate online tool automatically (not responding) I have waited up to one hour nothing I have a Epson wf-2850 I can’t even enter my activation key

Edited by AbrahamV
  • Like 1

I'm getting the exact some issue described in the first post, i update the the firmware, click finish in the program, press ok on my printer and it turns off. i turn the printer on and open the activation program, when i press generate or activate online I get the message 'read failed', and when I use the activation key i get the message 'activation code cannot be recognized'.

Order #78592

Same thing happens to me. I hit "activate online" and my printer turns off. error pops up and says "Read Failed - 1"

Order 79495

Printer XP-430 

i've been able to install the firmware on to the printer and don't know if the fact that the firmware doesn't recognize my current 3rd party ink cartridges when i turn the printer on might be a contributing factor to the inability to activate

On 4/16/2021 at 5:52 PM, Cody said:

Same thing happens to me. I hit "activate online" and my printer turns off. error pops up and says "Read Failed - 1"

Order 79495

Printer XP-430 

Same here, with XP-430, Order 84138. Printer does not go offline, but I get Read Failed -1 on the activation process. Already did the Firmware update.

Getting an error message when trying to use activation key. Order number for ink chip is 142432. Please advise 

Hello, can you help with WF7710 key activation? My order# is 129116

I keep getting the "Communication failed.-10091"...I have tried to disable the firewall and antivirus etc..but  to no result. Is there a simpler way?

On 7/10/2021 at 9:38 PM, Marek said:

Hello, can you help with WF7710 key activation? My order# is 129116

I keep getting the "Communication failed.-10091"...I have tried to disable the firewall and antivirus etc..but  to no result. Is there a simpler way?

Hi!
Probably a server reboot.
Try a little later.

On 7/12/2021 at 9:59 PM, Marek said:

The problem is still ongoing. What simple steps can I take to solve the problem?

Something in your computer is preventing you from communicating with the server. Use another internet network and use another computer.