GOOD AFTERNOON GENTLEMEN FROM INK-CHIP.
I GUESS YOU WILL BE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM YOUR XP231 CHIPLESS FIRMWARE HAS, ONCE YOU RECEIVE THE UPDATE FROM EPSON !!!

PLEASE UPDATE THE XP230 FIRMWARE.
SINCE THE UPDATE OF EPSON GOES FWE857TL_FO04JA.EXE
AND IT TOTALLY CANCELS YOUR FIRMWARE AND EVEN DOESN'T LET THE VERSION ROLL BACK TO USE THE RECOVERY CODE KEY.
PLEASE HELP!!!

XP231 ACTUALIZADO.jpeg

XP231 ACTUALIZADO2.jpeg

XP231 NUEVO FIRMWARE.png

AN ATTEMPT TO RESTORE THE CHIPLESS SYSTEM, FROM ANOTHER PC AND NOTHING, WE CONTINUE RECEIVING THE SAME, ERROR MESSAGE, AND THE FO04JA VERSION IS STILL PRESENT !!
DO YOU HAVE ANY SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM ??????????????????
I DO NOT WANT TO LOSE MY MONEY.

INKCHIP FAILED -1.jpg

Edited by JUNIOR1987

Hi!

We will send you a new firmware file as soon as it passes the moderation process.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Admin said:

¡Hola!

Le enviaremos un nuevo archivo de firmware tan pronto como pase el proceso de moderación.

SEND A FIRMWARE AGAINST THE "FO04JA" UPDATE.
I NEED TO RECOVER THE CHIPLESS FIRMWARE WITH THE RECOVERY KEY, WHICH I BUY. PLEASE.
SINCE THE ABOVE NONE WORKED, TO GO BACK TO THE FO30HA VERSION AND PUT MY RECOVERY KEY !!!!!

SEND A FIRMWARE AGAINST THE "FO04JA" UPDATE.
I NEED TO RECOVER THE CHIPLESS FIRMWARE WITH THE RECOVERY KEY, WHICH I BUY. PLEASE.
SINCE THE ABOVE NONE WORKED, TO GO BACK TO THE FO30HA VERSION AND PUT MY RECOVERY KEY !!!!!

On 8/8/2020 at 0:11, Admin said:

¡Hola!

Le enviaremos un nuevo archivo de firmware tan pronto como pase el proceso de moderación.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hi!
You can use the file I sent earlier in ver 2. I'm sending you new installation instructions: 

Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

• Sad 1

On 11/8/2020 at 23:46, Admin said:

¡Hola!
Puede usar el archivo que envié anteriormente en la versión 2. Le estoy enviando nuevas instrucciones de instalación: 

Encienda en modo normal (!!!!) solo encienda el botón. - no ponga la impresora en el modo de actualización de programa. (no es necesario presionar algunos botones mientras enciende la impresora)

El proceso de carga se bloqueará al 70-80%, ¡está bien!

Abra el administrador de tareas y detenga el proceso de actualización.

La impresora parpadeará durante unos 5-15 minutos y luego se apagará.

All those steps were carried out, and it still did not work.
The provider that sold me a license in my country, told me that it is already a problem with the Firmware and the provider in Korea, which you are, still has no solution.
he himself contacted you and sent you video messages.
in the same way he told them to work as soon as possible on a solution to the updated firmware FO04JA.
SINCE ITS FIRMWARE VERSIONS DO NOTHING,
AND THEY DO NOT ALLOW TO RETURN TO THE CHIPLESS VERSION TO BE ABLE TO USE MY RECOVERY CODE.
I WAIT FOR A SOON SOLUTION PLEASE

On Epson the "Wrong ID printer from the printer" or "Reading failed 1" error occurs when flashing into chipless version. The problem described here can also manifest itself as the fact that after successful flashing and activation, the printer still requires ink cartridges.

These problems occur if the printer is updated with the original firmware version from 2020. This original firmware cannot be downgraded to earlier versions and our chipless firmware is an earlier version.

Basic concepts of problem solving:
- Original Epson unsupported firmware - original Epson firmware that causes firmware problem. 
- Standard InkChip firmware. Chipless firmware to be loaded into the printer using Firmware Mode.
- 99 InkChip firmware. Chipless firmware to be loaded into Normal Mode.
- Firmware Mode - special mode for updating the firmware of the printer, which is activated when a certain key combination is pressed.
- Normal Mode - normal mode of operation of the printer, simply turning on the printer with the power button.

The algorithm of problem solving:
1. Check and memorize the firmware version of the printer using the Print Help program. The firmware version displayed is the original non-renewable version.
2. 2. Flash the printer with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode.
3. When trying to activate the firmware with Activation and the activation code, the program will generate Reading Fail 1.
4. Re-start the process of flashing the printer with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode. When the firmware status of the printer reaches 100% in Firmware Mode and the firmware status of the printer is displayed, pull out the power cable of the printer.
5. Connect the power cable and turn on the printer. Recovery Mode will appear on the display.
6. 6. Flash the printer with Inkchip firmware in Recovery Mode.
7. 7. Check the firmware version of the printer using the Print Help software. The version displayed must be different from the non-renewable firmware version and must be from 17. This version is a chip-less InkChip firmware.
8. Activate the chipless firmware with the Activation program.

• Haha 1

SE REALIZO TODOS LOS PASOS AL DERECHO Y AL REVEZ Y LA VERSION DE FIRMWARE SIGUE SIN CAMBIAR.

PRACTICAMENTE YA NO SIRVE EL  FIRMWARE CHIPLESS XP231 CUANDO SE ACTUALIZA A LA VERSION  "FO04JA"

TOMEN SUS PRECAUCIONES COMPRADORES Y TECNICOS DE LIATINOAMERICA, EL DESCUBRIMIENTO DE ESTE FALLO LO HIZO UN COLEGA LLAMADO JHONATAN, RESET CHIMBOTE.... ME ADVIRTIO QUE CUANDO SE ACTUALIZABA AL FIRMWARE ORIGINAL DE EPSON  VERSION "FO04JA", NO HABIA FORMA DE DEGRADAR LA VERSION.

Y QUE ESTO ERA UN PROBLEMA QUE LOS CREADORES INK-CHIP AUN NO PODIAN SOLUCIONARLO, DESDE EL AÑO PASADO ,PUCHA NO LE QUIZE CREER PENSE QUE ME ESTABA ENGAÑANDO SOLO PARA COMPRARLE A EL... Y AHORA ME ARREPIENTO..... ☹️☹️☹️☹️

ANTE ESTE PROBLEMA, YA PERDI MI DINERO.

ADMIN, DAME UNA SOLUCION... :(
QUE PUEDO HACER???????????????

YA NO VALE LA PENA INVERTIR EN ESTE METODO ?, 
SI NO SE PUEDE RECUPERAR EL SISTEMA CHIPLESS CON LA CLAVE DE RECUPERACION 

DEBO DECIR QUE ES UNA ESTAFA??????

POR FAVOR AYUDAME ADMIN

IN THIS PROBLEM, I ALREADY LOST MY MONEY.

ADMIN, GIVE ME A SOLUTION ... :(
WHAT I CAN DO???????????????

IS IT NO LONGER WORTH TO INVEST IN THIS METHOD?
IF THE CHIPLESS SYSTEM CANNOT BE RECOVERED WITH THE RECOVERY KEY

SHOULD I SAY THAT IS A SCAM ??????

PLEASE HELP ME ADMIN

Edited by JUNIOR1987

I NEED A SOLUTION! FROM YOU WHO CREATED THE CHIP-FREE SYSTEM!
I DO NOT NEED TO BE SENT TO ASK ANOTHER PERSON WHO DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM.
I THINK THAT THEY ARE EVADING THEIR RESPONSIBILITY SINCE THEY CANNOT PROVIDE SUPPORT IN LATIN AMERICA
AND THEY ONLY LEAD TO OTHER SELLERS WHO SPEAK IN SPANISH, EVEN SO THE PERSON WHO GIVES ME THEIR NUMBER DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT THE SUBJECT, AS THEY DOESN'T SELL MUCH DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT THE PROBLEM.

Lo último que puedes hacer es bajar el firmware original de Epson directamente de Internet primero. Descargue una versión más antigua. 
Y luego instalar el firmware sin chip de tinta.
  • Haha 1

already tried, too
and the version does not change.
there is another method but they ask me for another license, and I do not want to spend again on this.
Reset Chimbote, has another method but involves using a new KEY.
help me

I bought from a supplier in Latin America, but he does not know anything about it, he only sells and told me to claim here.
In this case, I would send you the activation license that I left copied on the PC
DRJDR-VWVYH-JJ9FC-9RDTD-TRK7T.
he told me that was the activation license.
What solution can they give me ???
because I have not been able to use my printer for like 3 months.
a certain Reset-Chimbote who is youtuber, told me that he can solve it, but that he needs to activate a new activation key and record the board with an older firmware.
All that has a cost of 45 dollars, he told me that he is here in the country. Well, I already find it financially lost :(

Edited by JUNIOR1987

Your key was used in April. 
Find out all the matters with your dealer, as you are not our customer.

active:2020/4/21 1:24:16

Hola JUNIOR 1987, yo tenía el mismo problema  pero lo pude solucionar siguiendo exactamente uno de los consejos del administrador:

"The algorithm of problem solving:
1. Check and memorize the firmware version of the printer using the Print Help program. The firmware version displayed is the original non-renewable version.
2. 2. Flash the printer with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode.
3. When trying to activate the firmware with Activation and the activation code, the program will generate Reading Fail 1.
4. Re-start the process of flashing the printer with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode. When the firmware status of the printer reaches 100% in Firmware Mode and the firmware status of the printer is displayed, pull out the power cable of the printer.
5. Connect the power cable and turn on the printer. Recovery Mode will appear on the display.
6. 6. Flash the printer with Inkchip firmware in Recovery Mode.
7. 7. Check the firmware version of the printer using the Print Help software. The version displayed must be different from the non-renewable firmware version and must be from 17. This version is a chip-less InkChip firmware.
8. Activate the chipless firmware with the Activation program."

On 8/17/2020 at 2:34 PM, Admin said:

How can I set the recovery mode?
Because in my case, it´s not loading automatically.

My print is XP-231 too. I have the same Junior´s problem.

impressora 3.png

impressora 4.png

impressora 5.png

15 hours ago, Vanessa said:

How can I set the recovery mode?
Because in my case, it´s not loading automatically.

My print is XP-231 too. I have the same Junior´s problem.

impressora 3.png

impressora 4.png

impressora 5.png

Hi!
Make sure you have disabled the network connection. The printer must be connected to the computer with a USB cable only.

tengo el mismo problema con la epson xp 231, se actualizo y no puedo cargar otro firmware, ya segui todos los pasos, necesito ayuda