Sign in to follow this  

So I just purchased a key thinking the firmware on my XP-6000 was updated with the provided firmware files. I run the activation program and try to activate the key and I get an communication error. I try to run the firmware update in normal mode and I get an error message telling me the printer was not updated. Please I need some guidance.

Please help. I only bought the key because it looked like the printer took the firmware successfully. The firmware failed message was new.

Capture2.PNG

hh.jpg

Edited by Guywith6000
Serial #

Please try this new file for you.

1) Upload firmware which I sent

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

FWG148TL_NU99Z9_XP6000.rar

Please make sure that you follow all instructions:

Switch on in normal mode(!!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (no need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.

If it doesn't work, what error occurs at the end?

I start the installation process  and the software tells me that the printer is going to restart. the printer restarts and nothing appears to happen. After a while the printer's head start moving as if going through a restart progress. After I see that I try the run the Activation software and it shows up as USB001 (XP-6000 series). After I enter the code emailed to me it tells me that the software could communicate with the printer and that's it. I'm 100 percent sure that the code emailed to me is incorrect or non-functioning. I've never had a problem with chipless firmware. I've bought keys from a another website for other printers and those worked fine. I'm getting tired of this and I would like a refund or at the very least a partial refund. If that's impossible I would like another key that actually works with my printer. I'm sure you have a way to see the key that was sent to me was not used in any capacity. Thank you....

Nothing. My email address is npcizzy@gmail.com. This is the email I used to place my original order. No key yet. My last conversation was with Kate. Kate has since stopped communicating. 

Hi,, Its same happen with me.

Same error , not updating firmware.

do I need all cartridge when i do update???

because magenta cartridge is no detected.

Please help me with this ...

Thank you

Printer : Epson XP-6000

In which mode did you install the firmware? Make sure you are using only USB connection to the printer.