Every time I download the activation for XP-4105, I get an error saying "incorrect function." Is there a different activation application I can try?

14 hours ago, anon2525 said:

Every time I download the activation for XP-4105, I get an error saying "incorrect function." Is there a different activation application I can try?

Hello!
Please send me a screenshot of the error so I can help you.
Thank you.

Hi! I made the purchase through inkchip.net for my Epson 4105 and went through all of the steps. And it showed finished on my printer screen but when I download the activation, it doesn't show anything or allow me to go further. It's like something is missing when I extracted the zip file for it... The firmware did transfer to my printer successfully but I can't even put in my access key info.. what can be done? 

10 hours ago, alatae said:

Hi! I made the purchase through inkchip.net for my Epson 4105 and went through all of the steps. And it showed finished on my printer screen but when I download the activation, it doesn't show anything or allow me to go further. It's like something is missing when I extracted the zip file for it... The firmware did transfer to my printer successfully but I can't even put in my access key info.. what can be done? 

Hello!
Please try this updated file with the Chipless Firmware:

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_XP4100_v1.rar

1) Upload the Chipless Firmware which is attached above.

2) Turn on the printer in the NORMAL MODE (using only the power button). Do not put the printer in the UPDATE MODE.

The loading process will get stuck at 75-85% - that is OK.

3) With the use of the task manager stop the loading process.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes . It should then turn off automatically.

4) Now turn on the printer - Chipless Firmware should be installed!

5) Run the Activation Software to insert your Activation Key.

Let me know the result!
Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey, when its time to do the activation for my xp-4105  I get AN ERROR message that I can't read, it want let me change it to English but once it's finished counting down to 100% at the top of the page  the error message pops up and when I click it the window closes.

IMG_20230516_222333825.jpg

On 5/15/2023 at 11:32 AM, Admin said:

Hello!

2) Turn on the printer in the NORMAL MODE (using only the power button). Do not put the printer in the UPDATE MODE.

Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes . It should then turn off automatically.

Let me know the result!
Thanks!

Ok! Let me try this tomorrow when I get home. Will reply back on this with the result. Thanks so much for your quick response!!!

Hi! Well the firmware link that you sent me would download until about 99% then it would say that it could not complete the upload. I turned off my spyware like it said to do and tried to download it multiple times. However, it would turn off my printer automatically but it would do that in the early part of trying to do the installation process. I don't know what to do. Can someone possibly share my screen as an admin and help me? I even connected to a more high speed internet to see if that would complete it and didn't finish. And I noticed that it doesn't show the activation driver in the file. Please let me know what i can do from here. I really would like to use this product. Thanks!  

On 5/15/2023 at 9:32 AM, Admin said:

Hello!

Let me know the result!
Thanks!

What process is "the loading process " in task manager