KSB

Epson WF 2850/Reading Failed - 1 Message

I am in the process of trying to install the the chip software for my SIL on her Epson WF 2850.  I select the Activation link for her printer and can get all the way to the point of where the Activation window reads the first time and self-closes.  When I reopen it from the downloaded file, it does not load the printer information and I get a Reading Failed - 1 message.  Also, when I open this Activation window, it opens to a foreign language by default.  I switch to English but am wondering if it should be opening in English by default.

Can you please help with any of this this?  Thank you in advance.

On 2/19/2023 at 8:31 PM, KSB said:

I am in the process of trying to install the the chip software for my SIL on her Epson WF 2850.  I select the Activation link for her printer and can get all the way to the point of where the Activation window reads the first time and self-closes.  When I reopen it from the downloaded file, it does not load the printer information and I get a Reading Failed - 1 message.  Also, when I open this Activation window, it opens to a foreign language by default.  I switch to English but am wondering if it should be opening in English by default.

Can you please help with any of this this?  Thank you in advance.

You should convince that installed the Chipless Firmware in NORMAL mode instead of UPDATE mode.

Please read the instruction from our website carefully:

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP Instruction Method 14 (for 99 firmware).pdf

Also, please watch the video guide from our official YouTube channel:

https://youtu.be/oF0DsDVPT7k

Let me know the result!

Thank you!

I'm unable to run this in Normal mode (instead of Update mode) because I get an ink cartridge error screen when I turn it on.  I turn it off, and then I use the four key (upside-down triangle, down arrow, left arrow, and power button) routine to power back on and I run the firmware update on it.  After it has installed, the screen on the printer reads "FW Update Mode"  "Finished!"

Then I try to run the Activation Wizard and when this window opens, it is not reading the information on the printer so I can input the Activation code.  I've already purchased a key, by the way.  So I'm ready to go with an activation code.  

I'm emailing you a link with access to a Slides file where you can follow what I'm doing and perhaps give me some direction on this.  I've followed all of your directions perfectly and nothing I'm doing is working.