Sign in to follow this  
Addy97

Epson WF-2850 Firmware downloading issues

I tried downloading the firmware on two seperate computers and i'm still having troubles with it. On my computer when I download it, the file comes as a text. No zip file nothing, just a text document. On my husbands computer it downloads and its not a zipped file either. When I open the folder I click on Inkchip.net firmware 99 and it will ask if I allow the app to make changes and I click yes and then it will say, " Could not find files needed to start." Hope I can get help resolving this. Thank you.

On 11/29/2022 at 4:35 AM, Addy97 said:

I tried downloading the firmware on two seperate computers and i'm still having troubles with it. On my computer when I download it, the file comes as a text. No zip file nothing, just a text document. On my husbands computer it downloads and its not a zipped file either. When I open the folder I click on Inkchip.net firmware 99 and it will ask if I allow the app to make changes and I click yes and then it will say, " Could not find files needed to start." Hope I can get help resolving this. Thank you.

Hello!
To extract the file you need to use any archiver. We recommend using WinRar to make it work without any problems.

On 11/30/2022 at 12:52 PM, Admin said:

Hello!
To extract the file you need to use any archiver. We recommend using WinRar to make it work without any problems.

I'm having the same issue. I'm using Windows 7, downloaded the firmware update, but I'm getting an Error Message saying "Could not find files needed to start". What is the fix for this...? I downloaded 7-Zip, uncompressed the files, but still can't run the firmware update...