Hi,

I've been trying to install chipless firmware onto my epson xp-15000.

First problem is firmware update step 5 can't detect my usb connected printer.

Printed prints fine via usb connection.

I then tried install firmware via product update mode, usb connected printer is shown in firmware step 5 update. Everything goes well. But after powering printer on the firmware is still the same as before not the chipless firmware.

I then tried again and still the same.

I then tried to roll back the firmware to an older model. I tried roll back firmware update and it shows status "downgraded (It can not be upgraded)" picture attached shows.

I then tried roll back firmware through product mode install, it allows me to install, but after install and powering on the printer I checked the firmware and it still the same firmware as before.

Specific firmware is 20.42.NW25M7

I've tried everything, uninstalling epson software, etc and still no luck.

I feel as if this epson firmware has locked me out of installing any kind of firmware update.

I've already purchase activition code, etc.

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 12.26.34 pm.png

Hello!

Your original firmware cannot be downgraded to earlier versions, and our chipless firmware is an earlier version.  

Basic concepts of the solution: 

- Standard InkChip firmware. Chipless firmware, which must be loaded into the printer using Firmware Mode. - 99 InkChip firmware. Chipless firmware, which must be loaded into Normal Mode. 

- Firmware Mode - special mode for updating printer firmware, which is activated when a certain buttons combination is pressed. 

- Normal Mode - normal mode of operation of the printer, simple switching on the printer with the power button.  

Algorithm for solving the problem: 

1. Check and memorize the firmware version of the printer. The firmware version displayed is the original non-update version. 

2. Flash printer 99 with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode. 

3. When trying to activate the firmware with the Activation program and the activation code, the program will generate the Reading failed 1. 

4. Start flashing the printer 99 again with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode. When the firmware status in Firmware Mode reaches 100%, and the printer display finishes counting the percentage of the firmware status, you need to pull out the power cable of the printer. 

5. Connect the power cable and turn on the printer. Recovery Mode will appear on the display. 

6. Flash the printer with Inkchip firmware in Recovery Mode. 

7. Check the firmware version of the printer. The firmware version displayed must be different from the non-renewable firmware version. This version is the chipless firmware version of InkChip. 

8. Activate chipless firmware with the Activation program.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_XP15000_v3.rar

This is just an example of a process, it doesn't matter what model of printer you have. Please watch the video on our official YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7qWYWjMNFQ

And after that just ran again the inkchip firmware upload in normal mode.

Thanks for that.

I got the firmware to update but now the activation program keeps freezing when I click activate online.

I've turned off antivirus protection as well.

15 hours ago, Ek-Inks said:

Thanks for that.

I got the firmware to update but now the activation program keeps freezing when I click activate online.

I've turned off antivirus protection as well.

Hello,

The problem is in your internet connection. Please, check whether it is stable or try to use another network.