Sign in to follow this  
Zarf.

XP-15000 Firmware Activation

I do not seem to be able to update the firmware successfully. I followed the instructions on how to pull the plug if it freezes in the update. Even if the firmware gets to the 99% and displays the 'unsuccessful' script this is still the case. I am at a loss as to what I might be doing wrong. In your video it says type SN not the activation code. regardless I tried both and it seemed to get further with typing the activation code but would still not activate. I have attached screenshots of each case. 

https://imgur.com/a/MlE5LIq

I have since tried using WIC reset tool to close any background apps as I have seen recommended and in going through your step by step guide have followed the process step by step and now the activation software just freezes as shown here.

Screenshot (285).png

Order number 438151

Epson XP-15000

This is extremely frustrating bordering on thinking this might be the runaround. I just payed 55 usd for basically nothing. I have reinstalled the firmware 6 times now and I having read through a number of the posts here it seems that there isn't much in the way of helpful information. I'd love some help. I have successfully completed steps 1 through 4 on the installation instructions and the only issue is the activation. On the last three attempts I have checked the printer firmware and it says "Current Version: NW07K7" as it is supposed. in the activation program it either quickly flashes halfway on the "Get active code online" bar then disappears without once ever giving me a activation/recovery code or just freezes.  

Yo tenia el mismo problema con la xp 211. Nose si les sirva pero a mi no me aparecia la activacion exitosa y probe este metodo : inicie la impresora en modo para actualizar. Inicie el instalador para el firmware y cuando la impresora termino de instalarlo y parpadeo todas las luces devuelta la desconecte de la corriente y luego la encendi como si nada. Al ponerle el codigo me genero enseguida el block de activacion y la active

13 hours ago, Dario said:

Yo tenia el mismo problema con la xp 211. Nose si les sirva pero a mi no me aparecia la activacion exitosa y probe este metodo : inicie la impresora en modo para actualizar. Inicie el instalador para el firmware y cuando la impresora termino de instalarlo y parpadeo todas las luces devuelta la desconecte de la corriente y luego la encendi como si nada. Al ponerle el codigo me genero enseguida el block de activacion y la active

Sí. Funcionó perfectamente. Muchas gracias mi amigo, pasé 5 horas y media en esto ayer y estaba furioso al final. Realmente aprecio la capacidad de la comunidad DIY y "Maker" para apoyarse mutuamente de esta manera. Darío, muchas gracias. Por favor, perdóname por la traducción probablemente pobre ya que estoy usando el traductor de Google.

Yes. It worked perfectly. Thank you so much my friend, I spent 5 and a half hours on this yesterday and was in a rage by the end of it. I really appreciate the DIY and "Maker" community's ability to support each other in this way. Dario, thank you so much. Please forgive me for the probably poor translation as I am using google translate.