Hi! Try to download the firmware in normal mode. Not in the firmware update mode 

Hi, I have the same problem with my XP-15000. Are you able to send a link for any new firmware for this model?

XP-15000 Read Failed -1 and Activation Key not recognized errors solved:

Situation:

Purchased the Activation Key and downloaded the Firmware Updater and Activation software along with   INKCHIP.net_Firmware_XP15000_v2.rar file.

After installing the INKchip firmware in maintenance mode, started the Activation software. Some automatic popup appeared in foreign characters, by reflex clicked on a button (no clue, but probably a yes one 🤣). It did some background stuff.... once finished, then switched to English and tried to follow the instructions to no avail (error messages above).

Solution that worked for me:

1 - Unplugged the printer for a couple of minutes.

2 - Turned on in Normal Mode.

3 - Run the Installer again to Completion / Success.

4 - Run Activator again, this time there was no automatic popup, and was able to switch to English.

5 - Clicked Generate: "Serial & ID code" field gets populated.

6 - Clicked activate online (even if it was greyed out) and got a popup to insert the activation Key.

7 -  Insert purchased Activation Key and OK

8 - "Activation Code" field gets populated 

9 - Clicked Activate and got confirmation that product is now activated (dont remember if got one at step 7 😋)

10 - Copy Pasted all the info into a backup file in case needed later...

Hope this Helps Folks! :)

On 5/17/2021 at 8:48 AM, Cryptos said:

XP-15000 Read Failed -1 and Activation Key not recognized errors solved:

Situation:

Purchased the Activation Key and downloaded the Firmware Updater and Activation software along with   INKCHIP.net_Firmware_XP15000_v2.rar file.

After installing the INKchip firmware in maintenance mode, started the Activation software. Some automatic popup appeared in foreign characters, by reflex clicked on a button (no clue, but probably a yes one 🤣). It did some background stuff.... once finished, then switched to English and tried to follow the instructions to no avail (error messages above).

Solution that worked for me:

1 - Unplugged the printer for a couple of minutes.

2 - Turned on in Normal Mode.

3 - Run the Installer again to Completion / Success.

4 - Run Activator again, this time there was no automatic popup, and was able to switch to English.

5 - Clicked Generate: "Serial & ID code" field gets populated.

6 - Clicked activate online (even if it was greyed out) and got a popup to insert the activation Key.

7 -  Insert purchased Activation Key and OK

8 - "Activation Code" field gets populated 

9 - Clicked Activate and got confirmation that product is now activated (dont remember if got one at step 7 😋)

10 - Copy Pasted all the info into a backup file in case needed later...

Hope this Helps Folks! 🙂

Did you still have the Epson ink cartridges installed during your activation?

On 5/23/2021 at 7:45 PM, k311yb07@gmail.com said:

i have an epson xp 15000 and have downloaded the software but cannot get it to open on my computer. can you please help me?

If you haven't received an answer, or already tried the firmware update, you may want to hold off until there are more people talking about being successful. My attempt today just resulted in a completely unresponsive printer sitting on my desk.

The problem I had was that I copied and pasted the activation key into the box given....the problem was that there were a few spaces included in beginning of  the code so it would not fit the box so it was leaving out some of the numbers....all I done was to type the activation code given into the box provided...hope this helps

Make sure you have stopped all automatic updates for your firmware on the Epson

Tengo el mismo problema cuando trato de activar mi Epson WF-C5710. Sale una ventana que dice "Read Failed-1"

He tratado tambien de instalar el firmware en modo normal pero en "estado" dice "version antigua (no se puede actualizar)"

Pueden ayudarme?

Gracias

I have he same problem when i try to activate my Epson Workforce WF-C5710. It´s says "Read Failed-1

I have also tried to install the firmware in normal mode but in "status" it says "old version (cannot be updated)"

Can you help me?

Thanks

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by inigo

Sorry I have no experience with your printer type...The only thing I can think of is trying to re-flash your software with the old version then start again. My Epson 15000 still shows my old version of the old firmware because they (Inkchip) sent an updated version of their software but my only problem was with the copy and paste with the activation number...and all I did was to type in the activation code then the software activated which completed the install.

17 hours ago, Terry said:

Sorry I have no experience with your printer type...The only thing I can think of is trying to re-flash your software with the old version then start again. My Epson 15000 still shows my old version of the old firmware because they (Inkchip) sent an updated version of their software but my only problem was with the copy and paste with the activation number...and all I did was to type in the activation code then the software activated which completed the install.

Thanks for the reply. I resolved my issue with a different firmware version. 

hola, me sale error de lectura 1 en el modelo xp-431 y ademas la impresora emite un sonido agudo y luego se apaga.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:53 PM, Raul said:

Yo use  "99" Firmware

Su firmware original no puede ser degradado a versiones anteriores, y nuestro firmware sin chip es una versión anterior.

Conceptos básicos de la solución:
- Firmware estándar de InkChip. Firmware sin chip, que debe cargarse en la impresora mediante el modo de firmware.
- Firmware InkChip 99. Firmware Chipless, que debe ser cargado en el Modo Normal.
- Modo Firmware - modo especial para actualizar el firmware de la impresora, que se activa al pulsar una determinada combinación de botones.
- Modo Normal - modo normal de funcionamiento de la impresora, simplemente encendiendo la impresora con el botón de encendido.

Algoritmo para solucionar el problema:
1. Compruebe y memorice la versión del firmware de la impresora. La versión de firmware que se muestra es la versión original no actualizada.
2. Flashee la impresora 99 con el firmware InkChip en el Modo de Firmware.
3. Al intentar activar el firmware con el programa de activación y el código de activación, el programa generará el mensaje Lectura fallida 1.
4. Comience a flashear la impresora 99 nuevamente con el firmware InkChip en el Modo de Firmware. Cuando el estado del firmware en el Modo Firmware alcance el 100%, y la pantalla de la impresora termine de contar el porcentaje del estado del firmware, deberá desconectar el cable de alimentación de la impresora.
5. Conecte el cable de alimentación y encienda la impresora. El modo de recuperación aparecerá en la pantalla.
6. Flashee la impresora con el firmware Inkchip en el Modo de Recuperación.
7. Compruebe la versión del firmware de la impresora. La versión de firmware que aparece debe ser diferente de la versión de firmware no renovable. Esta versión es la versión de firmware sin chip de InkChip.
8. Active el firmware sin chip con el programa de activación.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_XP430_v1.rar

Esto es sólo un ejemplo de proceso. No importa el modelo de impresora que tenga.

Este video está en ruso, pero puedes activar los subtítulos en español : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duyj-UHbzxE  

Y después de eso simplemente ejecute de nuevo la carga del firmware del inkchip en modo normal.

Yes I downloaded the 99 software and used it everything working ok...Type in the code given for authorisation do not copy and paste...

Tengo el mismo problema de muchos aqui, ya instale el firmware segun las indicaciones pero al momento de activar me sale READ FAILED  - 1 
mi impresora es modelo WF-5710 mi orden de pedido es [Pedido #196762] (agosto 9, 2021)

necesito ayuda, la impresora necesito trabajar

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Azangarito said:

Tengo el mismo problema de muchos aqui, ya instale el firmware segun las indicaciones pero al momento de activar me sale READ FAILED  - 1 
mi impresora es modelo WF-5710 mi orden de pedido es [Pedido #196762] (agosto 9, 2021)

necesito ayuda, la impresora necesito trabajar

spacer.png

¡Hola!

Aquí está la instrucción:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0DsDVPT7k

Aquí está el firmware:

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF5710_v1.rar