Hi, 

thank you for your help, I was tried to follow the above steps, and when I reach to third step,

tried to activate the firmware with the Activation program and the activation code,

there is without any printer model for me to select.

I can confirm I download the Activation is WF-C5290 from your web site. (I tried refresh still without any printer model show up)

Please help about this part, thank you.

Activation.thumb.jpg.2380bf63b28003c1b422682c4c6652e3.jpg

Updated for the above situatiion.

I tried to use another Laptop, still stuck on the third steps, when install and running the INKCHIP Activation, without any printer model to select and activate online.

Thank you.

Hello good Morning.

After installing the Firmware, I want to activate it, but I get the error Read failed -1, my printer is epson XP-231, please help.

Greetings.

image.png.c216a083c47b8b5fde90e2f24171a6d9.png

image.png

14 hours ago, arz23 said:

Hello good Morning.

After installing the Firmware, I want to activate it, but I get the error Read failed -1, my printer is epson XP-231, please help.

Greetings.

image.png.c216a083c47b8b5fde90e2f24171a6d9.png

image.png

Hello!

1)Please upload the file from the website.

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (No need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

The uploading process will stuck at 70-80% - it is ok!

Open task manager and stop updater process.
Printer will blink for about 5-15 minutes - then will power OFF.
Now power on the printer - chipless firmware is installed in your printer!

5 hours ago, Admin said:
Hello!

1)Please upload the file from the website.

2) Switch on in normal mode(!!!) just turn on button . - dont put printer in Program Update mode. (No need to press few buttons while turn on the printer)

I did the steps mentioned, but now I get this error.

inicio.thumb.PNG.5a9a630a3fec7734dc93a4d7a024ff50.PNGerror.thumb.PNG.a5ebd9642a94c82e3657e35bcfee0f34.PNG

On 3/10/2021 at 2:49 AM, arz23 said:

I did the steps mentioned, but now I get this error.

inicio.thumb.PNG.5a9a630a3fec7734dc93a4d7a024ff50.PNGerror.thumb.PNG.a5ebd9642a94c82e3657e35bcfee0f34.PNG

Su firmware original no puede ser degradado a versiones anteriores, y nuestro firmware sin chip es una versión anterior.

Conceptos básicos de la solución:
- Firmware estándar de InkChip. Firmware sin chip, que debe cargarse en la impresora mediante el modo de firmware.
- Firmware InkChip 99. Firmware Chipless, que debe ser cargado en el Modo Normal.
- Modo Firmware - modo especial para actualizar el firmware de la impresora, que se activa al pulsar una determinada combinación de botones.
- Modo Normal - modo normal de funcionamiento de la impresora, simplemente encendiendo la impresora con el botón de encendido.

Algoritmo para solucionar el problema:
1. Compruebe y memorice la versión del firmware de la impresora. La versión de firmware que se muestra es la versión original no actualizada.
2. Flashee la impresora 99 con el firmware InkChip en el Modo de Firmware.
3. Al intentar activar el firmware con el programa de activación y el código de activación, el programa generará el mensaje Lectura fallida 1.
4. Comience a flashear la impresora 99 nuevamente con el firmware InkChip en el Modo de Firmware. Cuando el estado del firmware en el Modo Firmware alcance el 100%, y la pantalla de la impresora termine de contar el porcentaje del estado del firmware, deberá desconectar el cable de alimentación de la impresora.
5. Conecte el cable de alimentación y encienda la impresora. El modo de recuperación aparecerá en la pantalla.
6. Flashee la impresora con el firmware Inkchip en el Modo de Recuperación.
7. Compruebe la versión del firmware de la impresora. La versión de firmware que aparece debe ser diferente de la versión de firmware no renovable. Esta versión es la versión de firmware sin chip de InkChip.
8. Active el firmware sin chip con el programa de activación.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_XP230_v3.rar

Esto es sólo un ejemplo de proceso. No importa el modelo de impresora que tenga. Este video está en ruso, pero puedes activar los subtítulos en español : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duyj-UHbzxE

Y después de eso simplemente ejecute de nuevo la carga del firmware del inkchip en modo normal.

On 3/24/2021 at 6:44 AM, Linda Freeburn said:

Hi

I am having the same issue with the activation fail with my xp15000. Can you please help me 🙂

Hello!
Please try this new file for you:

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_XP15000_v1.rar

1) Upload firmware which I sent

On 2/28/2021 at 1:22 PM, Dis4DisplayName said:

I am having the same issue with my XP-430. Any help is appreciated.

Did you ever get this to work for your XP430?? Still having issues with read fail - 1...

Epson xp-15000 stuck at read failed 1 

cannot generate serial id code 

cannot activate online Read failed -1

have code can't insert

1 hour ago, Terry said:

Epson xp-15000 stuck at read failed 1 

cannot generate serial id code 

cannot activate online Read failed -1

have activation code can't insert

Same here,

Just flashed my XP 15000 hours ago.

Did try for hours to revert to original firmware (not possible in Inkchip firmware)

Frimware Update iotion is an UNNECESSARY_MESSAGE !!!!!! (don't think so)

Now I cant even revert to original Epson Firmware (BIG FAIL)

Need a solution to revert to original firmware or FIX this quick @ADMIN

Inkchip - FAIL.pdf

Edited by PDAFreaker

21 minutes ago, PDAFreaker said:

Same here,

Did try for hours to revert to original firmware (not possible in Inkchip firmware)

Inkchip - FAIL.pdf 273.27 kB · 1 download

I have installed from link sent to another 15000 user call it the 99 solution... It worked so that my serial number was generated within the activation box when I pasted my code into the activation part it would no recognize the number awaiting reply from inkchip

I have installed from link sent to another 15000 user call it the 99 solution... It worked so that my serial number was generated within the activation box when I pasted my code into the activation part it would no recognize the number awaiting reply from inkchip

activation.pdf

Yep, Just got an e-0mail from them with the 99 solution instructions.

Now I'm as far as you are and send them sort of screenshots as you did

Fingers crossed

Just got a reaction > You are inserting the key in the wrong place. You need to click the "activate online" button and insert the key in the pop-up window.

The key is all the stuff under  "ID Code: "

That did the trick, its working now!!!

Edited by PDAFreaker

Not had any reply myself... unfortunately I have done it the way you suggest but it still asks me for my SN...which is shown in the box anyway so there's something not working for my firmware...glad to see yours has worked...I have just wrote a new item on the forum hopefully someone will answer...good luck

Terry

The joy was just very short....

Now I got an TITLE_PRINTING_ERROR > error # 031002

Reaction from Inkchip >With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back. Wait 2 minutes. Plug back in the power cord and power it on. Do you still have the error?

No luck so far, not the night to flash a printer I guess

18 hours ago, PDAFreaker said:

Same here,

Inkchip - FAIL.pdf 273.27 kB · 2 downloads

Your original firmware cannot be downgraded to earlier versions, and our chipless firmware is an earlier version.

Basic concepts of the solution:
- Standard InkChip firmware. Chipless firmware, which must be loaded into the printer using Firmware Mode.
- 99 InkChip firmware. Chipless firmware, which must be loaded into Normal Mode.
- Firmware Mode - special mode for updating printer firmware, which is activated when a certain buttons combination is pressed.
- Normal Mode - normal mode of operation of the printer, simple switching on the printer with the power button.

Algorithm for solving the problem:
1. Check and memorize the firmware version of the printer. The firmware version displayed is the original non-update version.
2. Flash printer 99 with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode.
3. When trying to activate the firmware with the Activation program and the activation code, the program will generate the Reading failed 1.
4. Start flashing the printer 99 again with InkChip firmware in Firmware Mode. When the firmware status in Firmware Mode reaches 100%, and the printer display finishes counting the percentage of the firmware status, you need to pull out the power cable of the printer.
5. Connect the power cable and turn on the printer. Recovery Mode will appear on the display.
6. Flash the printer with Inkchip firmware in Recovery Mode.
7. Check the firmware version of the printer. The firmware version displayed must be different from the non-renewable firmware version. This version is the chipless firmware version of InkChip.
8. Activate chipless firmware with the Activation program.

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_XP15000_v1.rar

This is just an example of a process, it doesn't matter what model of printer you have. Please watch the video on our official YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7qWYWjMNFQ

And after that just ran again the inkchip firmware upload in normal mode.

As I pulled the plug and flashed my XP 15000 after many times flashing between the 2 different inkchip firmware (standard firmware and 99 firmware)

I could activate only the 99 firmware, I managed to activate this firmware for the second time an as of the first time wit activated firmware got the same Error code while trying to print.

Current firmware version on the printer is NW2017 ( no clue if this is the latest or the old version)

Error code 031001 and 031002 witch results in a blank page print Must be a lot of bricked XP 15000 printers out there now.

Tried all the tricks form @Admin as stated in the emails send to me and here on the board NOT LUCKY NOT AMUSED.

I cant even revert to the original Epson firmware even wit all the tricks as mentioned above. I would think twice before flashing a precious XP 15000

@anybody, please if you have a trick up your sleeve to get things working or revert to original firmware PLEASE SHARE

@Admin  as mentioned in another post form you I urge you to collaborate with your technical supervisors to FIX this asap

Quote"

Dear, we have checked with all technical supervisors and we are 100% sure that our firmware has no impact on the technical problems of the printhead, the printer and the print quality.

Most likely, error 031002 and blank pages mean that ink cannot get into the printhead, so it overheats and you get this error. So the problem should be either the ink quality or the print head.

And we recommend you double check with your ink supplier to see if they have any complaints about cleaning the print head from ink, and if they have not, contact Epson Distributors about the problem.