Sign in to follow this  
Carla

Printer Not Connected Error

I'm trying to install the firmware for my WF-7720 and I'm getting an error that says my "printer is not connected or the connected printer is not the target printer" I am connected with a printer cable.

22 hours ago, Carla said:

I'm trying to install the firmware for my WF-7720 and I'm getting an error that says my "printer is not connected or the connected printer is not the target printer" I am connected with a printer cable.

Hi!

Make sure you used a usb cable when installing the firmware and have a stable internet,are you?

Go to the menu devices and printers and check if the computer sees the connection to the printer.

I  have same problem with my XP-15000.  Does NOT see the printer in the installation program.  Although it IS visible to windows AND my internet connection is good.  Also disabled firewall AND antivirus.

22 hours ago, Dave M said:

I  have same problem with my XP-15000.  Does NOT see the printer in the installation program.  Although it IS visible to windows AND my internet connection is good.  Also disabled firewall AND antivirus.

Try using a different usb socket or cable. Disconnect the network connection to the computer, use only the usb cable connection.

Also, this might be because there are too many printers on devices and printers. That’s what might help you: close the Activator Software, turn off your printer, go to PC and remove all printers that may be in "Devices and Printers", then turn your printer on and it will install again, then open the launcher software again and it might appear normally.

i am attempting to run firmware exe on my wf-2860 ,,,,,,,,,,,    in the widow where you choose the printer, it recognizes the Printer.  Under the "Model name", it says, WF-2860.   in the next column "connection type" it says USB, then under status, instead of saying unknown,,,,it says, DOWNGRADED (IT CANNOT BE UPGRADED).     the program sees it but it WILL NOT LET ME CHECK THE MODEL NAME BOX TO CHOSE THE PRINTER. , I would appreciate a little help. Thank You 

17 hours ago, marvane2112@gmail.com said:

i am attempting to run firmware exe on my wf-2860 ,,,,,,,,,,,    in the widow where you choose the printer, it recognizes the Printer.  Under the "Model name", it says, WF-2860.   in the next column "connection type" it says USB, then under status, instead of saying unknown,,,,it says, DOWNGRADED (IT CANNOT BE UPGRADED).     the program sees it but it WILL NOT LET ME CHECK THE MODEL NAME BOX TO CHOSE THE PRINTER. , I would appreciate a little help. Thank You 

Solution:

Step 1

Download and extract Zip archive with WF-2860:

https://inkchip.net/download/INKCHIP.net_Firmware_99_WF2860_v1.rar

Step 2

Delete all USB printers installed on your PC except that You want to make chipless. Reboot PC, restart printer.

Step 3

Connect printer to PC (with Windows OS) by proper USB cable.

Disable all Epson processes and services. 

Step 4

Upload Firmware to printer in the NORMAL MODE (do NOT use service mode yet just start the printer with the power button). 

Step 5

When Firmware Update process is complete - printer will restart - usually it will take only a few minutes but can continue for 10-20 minutes in some rare cases. 

If process hangs - replug power cable and start printer manually.

Step 6

Now check current firmware version.

If NO - restart the printer and try once more time.

Step 7

Extract all files from License.zip archive to local folder on Your PC. Run activation.exe utility and click on Activate Online button and input Your Activation Key.